Add selection boxes to View Cart Page...

User 294241 Photo

5 posts

I make pens and other items that require the buyer to determine the make up of each item. The first thing the buyer does is select what item they want to purchase in the product view page, then they also have to select a material that the body of the item will be made from. They can select a different body material for different items and there are TOO many body material choices to be listed under each item in the product view pages. So what I want to do is add a box with drop downs of thier selections in the view cart page that requires the buyer to select the item they purchased and then the body material for that item, so that I know how to make each item.
Then is there a way to email that view cart page with their selections to me.
I have SCCpro and am sure I will have to purchase SCD pro to achieve this. I am new to web design and hope that there will be an easy solution to my issue.

Thanks for all the help..

Jill
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Jill,

what you're needing to do doesn't require any use of the designer at all. This would be something you would incorporate using the Optional Fields (which unfortunately at this time are limited to 5 maximum fields allowed). You can put as many selections into a field as you like though, so if you don't have more than 5 different things they need to make choices from, just do this:

Create your optional field and give it a name such as:
Pick your Material

Add any choices for that particular option that you have available such as: (which I'm just making up as I go since I have no idea what your choices are hehe):

Metal
Wood
Plastic

Then follow suit for any other choices you need to do such as:

Pick your Ink Type:
Roller Ball
Gel
etc.

Pick Your Color:
Red
Green
Yellow
etc.

And from there you just add any extra prices in the right hand box for each choice or leave it blank if there is no charge for the choices. This information will then be included in the email you get from your payment processor (Google, PayPal, etc.) and it should work pretty slick.

The only thing you won't be able to do is add any way (in option fields that is) to have your customers give any customization information. You would need to incorprate a separate form to do this which also unfortunately (but in the future works for an update) isn't able to be connected directly to the shop. You would have to utilize 2 emails and match them up to do custom orders.

Hope that helps and let us know if you need more info or have more questions :)

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Jill... just in case you didn't pick up on JoAnn's comment... you do all you want in the Shopping Cart Creator and not in the Designer.
User 294241 Photo

5 posts

Thank you very much... you gave me a great idea... I tried it and it works... now just to finish the site..
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Jill,

Glad to hear it, let us know how it all works out and feel free to post a link in the thread for sharing our sites and shops :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.