THEMES for S-Drive ??? - Post ID 174921

User 2164562 Photo

51 posts

I have just started my new adventure with the S-drive.....and having trouble with knowing how to replace images or at least manipulate to get it just how I want it ....like my fav software of VSD. I guess VSD has really spoiled me.....but I feel like I'm a stumbling around here and need to know how I can replace images and view as I am readjusting the themes, etc.

Thanks for your help, :)

Gigi

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Gigi

If you are using one of the new themes that are available in your Dashboard, what I would suggest is using Direct FTP. With this program you can connect to S-Drive and edit the content inside of this theme. There is no way to edit it with Visual Site Designer.

What you would do is edit one of the files and modify the markup on what you want to change. If you want to change an image, you would first upload that image to your S-Drive account and then adjust the HTML markup to reference that new image.

It is a bit more of a manual process this way, but this will defiantly make you a true web designer ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 3 Photo

Administrator
1,371 posts

Gigi wrote:
I have just started my new adventure with the S-drive.....and having trouble with knowing how to replace images or at least manipulate to get it just how I want it ....like my fav software of VSD. I guess VSD has really spoiled me.....but I feel like I'm a stumbling around here and need to know how I can replace images and view as I am readjusting the themes, etc.

Thanks for your help, :)

Gigi

You can also use VSD to upload to your S-Drive site. Just click the Publish button and enter your CoffeeCup account info. You will need to decide between using one of the default themes on the Site tab, or publishing from VSD though.

Note that any changes you make in the Site tab will be overwritten if you publish from VSD. You could use VSD to get started, then use the edit feature on the site tab to edit and maintain your site though.
User 2323213 Photo

2 posts

I'm also having a problem with S-Drive and themes. In this case wondering how I get the purchased theme that I want to use up onto my account! Will the free ftp work?
A baker, a purple kitchen, a new way of life...
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Natalie Jones wrote:
I'm also having a problem with S-Drive and themes. In this case wondering how I get the purchased theme that I want to use up onto my account! Will the free ftp work?

Yes, you can use Free FTP or Direct FTP to upload your custom theme to S-Drive.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2323213 Photo

2 posts

Woot! Thank you for that. :) I was trying to use the interface on the dashboard, since I could view the files for the free themes there. I think perhaps Xmas has had a bad effect on my brain cells. :/
A baker, a purple kitchen, a new way of life...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.