s -drive help - Post ID 195989

User 274571 Photo

5 posts

i've tried opening a support topic for this but i'm still lost
i just purchased the 'shopkeeper' hosting....cancelled my previous hosting account and am trying to move my website(s) to coffee cup....

i've tried following the instructions in the tutorials and can't get past step 4 in the 'domains purchased via another registrar'
i'm told on the support ticket that i haven't configured my site yet....
i'm totally lost....
could you start me from 'i purchased a hosting plan' and go from there....
step by step please....
or send me to a tutorial from that point
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I have you all fixed up Sherman. What the real issue was is that you didn't setup an S-Drive account yet. You paid for the plan but never established an account. I did that for you and associated your domain with the account and you should be good to go. All you need to do now is upload your files.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 274571 Photo

5 posts

please review latest support room topic (especially the last page) and get back w/me
thanks
User 1988266 Photo

4 posts

Hi : I've successfully started a site design and added a Home Page and FAQ page, but the other pages I've created work fine in Preview but don't publish - going to the site via a standard browser enquiry brings up a 'not mapped' message.

According to my S-drive file register, all the page files are there. But I can't find a way to get them added to the published (on S-Drive) site. I've probably missed something very basic?
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,190 posts

What are you publishing your site with?
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 1988266 Photo

4 posts

Publish function from VSD. I added some new pages, one of which works but two are missing (well, I suspect two, as the link to the second of these is only from the first..) When I preview in VSD, the site works perfectly for me but when I view from a normal browser request it doesn't. According to my s-drive account thingy, all the files are there, but when I try to view the 'missing' files, they don't appear, I get the unmapped error message.

Is it perhaps worth a try to just clear my current s-drive register of all files and re-publish the entire site from VSD?
User 1988266 Photo

4 posts

Update - I tried clearing all files from my s-drive register and re-publishing the site from VSD with exactly the same results. s-drive just doesn't like two pages, yet happily picked up a third added at the same time.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Richard Llewellyn wrote:
Update - I tried clearing all files from my s-drive register and re-publishing the site from VSD with exactly the same results. s-drive just doesn't like two pages, yet happily picked up a third added at the same time.

Richard, open a support ticket if you can for this and tell me the exact pages that are not working. Once I have that, I can tell you what exactly to do.

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/opentopic/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1988266 Photo

4 posts

Scott - muchas gracias, it's the two 'whatisdone' pages. They're in the file register but just don't map. Er, how do I open a support ticket? (he said, realising this is probably a dumb question but I'm here because I need coffee cup VSD to work, I can't code to add 2 + 2..)
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Richard,
To open a support ticket (or 'support topic'), click on 'Support' in the top menu on this page, then on 'Your Support Room', - and go from there!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.