Odd Characters on S Drive Stream -...

User 47216 Photo

205 posts

LOVIN THE S DRIVE !!!!! Just set up a test one and looks to be working nicely but I have one quick question.... I have a temp page set up at http://www.cheetahfastpitch.com/blast.php with the code embedded in it but for some reason on the first post it is showing some odd symbols wherever there is a carriage return... any ideas?
User 47216 Photo

205 posts

actually it appears to be when I do a double carriage return
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Those are characters that you probably brought over when you copy and pasted from a word processor. If you are going to do that, what I recommend is use Notepad first as it will strip those out and then copy from Notepad to your Stream.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 47216 Photo

205 posts

Thanks for the reply Scott - I was pretty sure I did not copy and paste it so I just did another and it is still showing those characters when using the double carriage return. Must be something to do with the AOL mail
User 1930898 Photo

1 post

Scott,
I posted my first blog entry tonight. It was sent via email. It looks fine on the s-drive site, but on my web site the punctuation characters, for example quotes, are being transformed into strange characters. How do I prevent that?

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

John Weir wrote:
Scott,
I posted my first blog entry tonight. It was sent via email. It looks fine on the s-drive site, but on my web site the punctuation characters, for example quotes, are being transformed into strange characters. How do I prevent that?

I don't see anything wrong here at http://keynotes.coffeecup.com/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.