My reaction - Post ID 168817

User 373703 Photo

74 posts

OK. So start with "download the latest version of FreeFTP" (mine didn't have any Black Gear or S-Drive feature). That made a big difference.

Next question: Should the files be uploaded to the root (outside the arealwebsite folder)? Inside the arealwebsite folder? Inside the site folder? I know it will affect the domain location later. Just wondered where is the intended location for the files. When it connected it was outside the arealwebsite folder.

Lloyd
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Lloyd Harrington wrote:
OK. So start with "download the latest version of FreeFTP" (mine didn't have any Black Gear or S-Drive feature). That made a big difference.

Next question: Should the files be uploaded to the root (outside the arealwebsite folder)? Inside the arealwebsite folder? Inside the site folder? I know it will affect the domain location later. Just wondered where is the intended location for the files. When it connected it was outside the arealwebsite folder.

Lloyd

Anything you upload to S-Drive needs to go into one of the two following locations. You cannot upload files to anything other then these areas:

1. The "sites" folder. This is the folder where all website files are stored. You can upload files here or create folders in here to further organize your data.

2. The "storage" folder. This is a great place to store and organize other information. Anything placed in here will be viewable in the S-Drive Dashboard under the Storage Tab
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.