is PHP supported on S-Drive? - Post...

User 1903272 Photo

2 posts

Thanks, Scott!

Dag.
User 2626814 Photo

1 post

I do not understand: HTML Editor provides php functionality. I can't even upload from within HTML Editor?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

ladyyusuf wrote:
I do not understand: HTML Editor provides php functionality. I can't even upload from within HTML Editor?

On our hosting platform we have not enabled PHP support at this time.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2739258 Photo

2 posts

I cannot upload the php file from a CoffeeCup LiveChat script.
I have used CoffeeCup Free FTP, CoffeeCup VisualSite and my last try was through browser connection.

I believe the LiveChat is not working because I cannot upload the .php file to the site. The site is www.audiobok.com

Please help!

Maria Carolina
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Carolina wrote:
I cannot upload the php file from a CoffeeCup LiveChat script.
I have used CoffeeCup Free FTP, CoffeeCup VisualSite and my last try was through browser connection.

I believe the LiveChat is not working because I cannot upload the .php file to the site. The site is www.audiobok.com

Please help!

Maria Carolina

PHP is not supported on S-Drive at this time.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 474778 Photo

215 posts

Folks,

Scott repeats a one-line response to the PHP support question:
PHP is not supported on S-Drive at this time.

I read this as shorthand for:
Coffee Cup's S-Drive is a nice, easy-to-use and safe publishing service for Web sites that don't require server-side scripting. Maybe CC will extend S-Drives capability or offer something else more ambitious in the future, but that is a whole different discussion.

Please understand that PHP support is problematical. It's possible to do all sorts of things with a server-side scripting language, including making one's site vulnerable to attack or subverting the hosting service's security. Also, the next shoe to drop beyond supporting PHP would be general support of database systems, such as MySQL, MariaDB or MongoDB. This is fraught with its own issues.

With S-Drive, CC chose (cleverly, IMHO) to keep things simple by focussing on the client side of Web development. This is where CC has lived traditionally, and the "responsive design" movement shows that there remains much to contribute there.
halfnium -AT- alum.mit.edu
Yes, I looked just like that in 1962.
User 2739258 Photo

2 posts

Hi Scott and Halfnium....I got hosting with CoffeeCup only because i thought it would be easy to use all the tools done by the company :-(.....
Well, seems that I will need to have a second domain hosted elswhere just to have LiveChat working. :-((

thanks guys,
Carolina
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Carolina wrote:
Hi Scott and Halfnium....I got hosting with CoffeeCup only because i thought it would be easy to use all the tools done by the company :-(.....
Well, seems that I will need to have a second domain hosted elswhere just to have LiveChat working. :-((

thanks guys,
Carolina

You could just use one of the free hosting services out there and put the live chat in an iframe on your site.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 1951199 Photo

1 post

Hi I was also trying to upload PHP files only to find it's not supported by S drive. :(
User 3083703 Photo

1 post

Eric Rohloff wrote:
Yup no php on S-drive at this time, at least not any of your own php.:)

I am a brand new user and just set up the free domain that CoffeeCup thoughtfully offered with this site package deal. For the price I suppose I can't complain, but it's certainly disheartening to hear about the lack of php support. I know this is a very old post, but I'm wondering if this is still true about no php. The site I just set up will be of limited use to me without php (though it's not like I invested a lot of time in setting this up).

If compelled to, I suppose I could use an Iframe, but I wasn't going to set up an online store or anything like that.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.