How does S-Drive hosting compare to...

User 488082 Photo

19 posts

I would like to know how S-Drive compares to other web-hosting services in terms of the speed that it delivers web pages to users. My current web-site is long overdue for a total re-development and I am looking at where it will be hosted as well. My current host (Webfusion UK) speed is very slow (scores a 2) compared to others such as inweb.net.uk (scores a 10).

I am using the page below to try to research this

http://fasthosts.net/fastest_host_by_co … %20Kingdom

It is possible to add hosting service providers to the list if not already there but I don't know what I should be typing in the box to get it to test S-Drive.

Given that I am UK based in relation to speed will I be best to stick with a UK based web-host as all of my customers are in the UK.

Thanks to anyone who can give advice or an opinion on this.
A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!
User 457953 Photo

15 posts

I have the same question here in the US.
Anyone care to share their experience?

Also,
Does anyone know if there is any performance difference between the free S-Drive server, and the paid one? Are they all in the same shared servers?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Joe Deasy wrote:
I have the same question here in the US.
Anyone care to share their experience?

Also,
Does anyone know if there is any performance difference between the free S-Drive server, and the paid one? Are they all in the same shared servers?

Free and paid plans are all located on the same servers so you will not see any performance issues if you are on the free plan.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 457953 Photo

15 posts

Thank you for the prompt reply!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.