Do you want even more flexibility to...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey All!

Making an already awesome app even more awesome is not very easy, but (as always) we did an awesome job! :P

The first thing you will notice is the revamped look & feel—best described as “friendly power.” The entire transfer activity window has been redesigned from the ground up. It is as comprehensive as it can be and allows you to marvel at the new speeds with which the uploads and downloads are handled. Speaking of swiftness: Direct FTP now connects to S-Drive as well, which gives you unparalleled upload speeds compared to publishing via FTP. Tests have shown uploads to be 1.65 times as fast as using S-Drive versus traditional FTP, a 65% increase—holy crap, Batman! ;)

If you're a fan of our HTML Editor or Direct FTP, or even if you use any other web editor (not really, right?) you can now upload your documents to S-Drive. You can even store and share your files using the nifty “copy URL” feature. Just paste it to an email or website and your friends and visitors will be able to download the file right then and there!

Uploading to S-Drive is fast, and it’s fun because we’ll continue to add boatloads of cool stuff. If you don’t have an account, you can get one right here. Pricing starts at $0.00 for now. :)

So how do you get started using Direct FTP with S-Drive? Simple!

1. Get your fully functional beta version of Direct FTP.

2. Inside Direct FTP, click the Servers Toolbar Icon, then click the S-Drive logo and enter your CoffeeCup Account credentials.

That’s it! You can now use Direct FTP to upload practically anything you like to your S-Drive account.

If you already have Direct FTP installed, you do not need to uninstall your current version. This beta version will install into its own folder. It’ll recognize your settings though, so no need to dig out those forgotten passwords...

Here is the overview of things that were added, improved, or updated:

New features and improvements:
  • S-Drive Support (Yes to speed!)
  • New Transfer Activity Window (Nice!)
  • Easier server set up (Auto Passive mode)
  • Improved UI (Icons, streamlined menus and dialogs)
  • Smoother workflow (double-click file option to trigger transfers or open them)
  • Cut, copy, and paste on right-mouse click (The full featured editor strikes again!)
  • New Toolbar icons (Wow!)
  • Overall stability and speed (and it’s getting ready for a bigger engine, too)
  • Deleting local files now sends them to your Recycle Bin instead of permanently deleting them.

Enjoy the software and let us know what you think!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

How is it faster than FTP? What transfer protocol is being used?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tom wrote:
How is it faster than FTP? What transfer protocol is being used?

S-Drive does not use the FTP protocol for uploading. We are actually posting over HTTP which is far more optimized.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I always thought, and read, that FTP was faster than HTTP.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tom wrote:
I always thought, and read, that FTP was faster than HTTP.

Probably depends on how the server is configured. S-Drive though is fully optimized for this protocol.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I just posted an update (build 1881) that addresses a few issues reported by users today.

You can download the latest version here at http://www.coffeecup.com/files/miscella … TPBeta.exe
User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

Hi,

I have downloaded the DirectFTPBeta. Is this a 42 days trial version? If I like it would I need to purchase the Coffeecup Direct FTP to work with s-drive or can I use my existing FTP account with s-drive?
www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sue Lister wrote:
Hi,

I have downloaded the DirectFTPBeta. Is this a 42 days trial version? If I like it would I need to purchase the Coffeecup Direct FTP to work with s-drive or can I use my existing FTP account with s-drive?

Yes. this beta is a limited trial. In about 30 days or so, this will become the official version.
User 422767 Photo

259 posts

Will we ever be able to upload specific files to S-Drive with anything other than a CoffeeCup product?

Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Zac wrote:
Will we ever be able to upload specific files to S-Drive with anything other than a CoffeeCup product?

Right now we have no plans to open S-Drive to 3rd party programs at this time. Besides, who wants to use anything other then a CoffeeCup program? :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.