Changing to own domain name - Post ID...

User 2234221 Photo

2 posts

I recently set up a free account with a .coffeecup.com domain. I now wish to switch it to my own domain but cannot see any way of doing it. Also, having done a test upload of the the site from VSD it is now 'active' but I would like to make it inactive pending further development. Again, there seems to be no way to do this. Can anyone help?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can find instructions on how to use your own domain name here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … h-s-drive/

There is no way to make a site "in active" once you publish it. You would have to delete it if you no longer want it online.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2234221 Photo

2 posts

OK, now working thanks. I had done the A record but not the CNAME.
User 2296239 Photo

1 post

After setting up my on domain to point to cc site from my host's cpanel, I lost all access to that cpanel as I am now sent to my CC page on S-Drive and it tells me that file doesn't exist. So have I lost access to cpanel bt pointing my url to CC?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Martin Callaghan wrote:
I recently set up a free account with a .coffeecup.com domain. I now wish to switch it to my own domain but cannot see any way of doing it. Also, having done a test upload of the the site from VSD it is now 'active' but I would like to make it inactive pending further development. Again, there seems to be no way to do this. Can anyone help?

The process is actually very easy. Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … rive-site/

There is no way to make a site inactive. You would have to actually delete it from your S-Drive account through FTP if you do not want it there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.