Purchased Domain Names - Post ID 194246

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

I just purchased (?) 2 names through my SDrive account. But I'm not really sure if I did or not :P
After choosing the names, the option was to Save Changes. So, no confirmation of purchase... no notice that the account would be billed... no receipt to show I own those names....

What did I miss?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Paintbrush,

I think you should take this up with Support as that's most likely a billing question that I'm sure most here won't know the answer to (unless someone else had the same experience of course hehe). I would definitely do the support thing though as I'm sure they don't want incomplete responses on their purchasing setups either. :)
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Paintbrush,
If in doubt, why don't you just try to buy the same domains again and see what happens. If your prior purchase went through, you should simply get the message that the names are "not available"... Nothing to lose, really, since they couldn't charge you twice for buying the same domain...

I bought a domain name through S-Drive a week or so ago and I must have received various confirmatory indications along the way, since I don't remember ever having been in any doubt whether the purchase went through or not. I also received a couple of e-mails afterwards, confirming the transaction, although I can't remember how much later that was. (my memory is somewhat of a sieve... :( )
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

I had to get off the computer for a bit, came back to find Scott is on it for me :D

Probably should have waited 'til after I got some coffee to go shopping for new domains – I'm guessing I went right past something obvious, since I didn't get any confirmation. I've always gotten emails for other purchases.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Update... while I was typing the above, Scott sent the confirmation email, so I'm set.

I'll never understand why so many people make themselves crazy trying to figure stuff out when all one has to do is ask about it (here and support). So easy! :D
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

paintbrush wrote:
I had to get off the computer for a bit, came back to find Scott is on it for me :D

Conjures up an image, Scott and a flipple bottle :lol:
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.