Nameserver Names? - Post ID 215129

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Glad you got it figured out. Pop on in any time. :D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Paul Havemann wrote:
Paul Havemann wrote:
I assume that after that I would have the option of changing CNAME? It has been literally years since I needed to tinker with this stuff.

I assumed correctly. Never mind. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jaKkE0RsI
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2325884 Photo

1 post

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have two domain names registered now. It took quite a while due to errors I made to transfer the domain I had originally used for my site. In the meantime I opened an S-Drive account with a new domain name and uploaded what I had had on the original site. I have just cancelled the original site's webhosting contract and would like to redirect (as many other sites link to mine) those who try to open my old site to the new one. I keep trying every way I can to use the Manage Domain names site. What do I do now?
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Do you control your original URL (used for old hosting) ?

If yes, what registrar is it currently with, someone using the same registrar may then be able to advise you better.

Alternatively open a support ticket and ask if CC can import it to SDRIVE for you

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 2126034 Photo

16 posts

I've got the same issue with 2 domains that I purchased from Crazy Domains. I been looking at the same issue (and getting a bit frustrated by now) and I am very new to all of this. I was told by Crazy Domains that if you don't have hosting with them you can't get DNS details. Apparently you have to update your name servers.
Does anyone know if this sounds right? (I'm close to getting in "over my head" and don't want to make a mistake that takes ages to "undo")
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Sheree,

I would suggest opening a support topic with CoffeeCup if you're trying to use this with S-Drive, they might be able to guide you through getting it setup correctly. I've enver heard of Crazy Domains but I would think you would have access to the nameservers area which is usually what you change. With the S-Drive I think you might need access to the DNS area though, not sure on it. Open a support topic and see what the CC team has to say on it. Let us know what happens if you would please :)
User 2126034 Photo

16 posts

Hi Jo Anne,
Thanks for that. I'll let you know how it goes.

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Sheree, if you really get stuck (easy done so your in same boat as we all were when new)

Ask if you can transfer the domains out , and do one of 2 things

Preferably, transfer them in to CC, Scott will help you

OR open an account with Domainmonster.com they have a nice AUTO transfer in system and an easy control panel for DNS changes (more gobbledeegoop) but i have already put instructions in forum for the settings for SDRIVE

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.