where the basic info hiding about...

User 21541 Photo

9 posts

O.K. - thanks for your reply to my previous problem. I've been working on RLMP ever since it came out. I still don't have a final version of my index.html page yet and I have 10 more pages to do. I'm getting nervous that this program is so convoluted that I'll never be able to figure it out. I gave up working with the RLMP program and decided to go to the actual pages and see what I can understand from them thru the coffeecup editor and my css program. I made a little progress. I think the font size is weak -- it needs pumping up a little. I'm trying to find the area where I change the font size and I haven't the slightest clue where to go. I've been working between index.html and main.css and I've been able to make some changes. I can't find font size that works or to change the font color of a:. I noticed coffeegrinder.css and went online to find out what it's about. It said to just go through it and see what's there and have fun making changes (that's how the explanation came across to me). It has too much stuff in it. Why does it have all the possibilities? Where are the actual styles of the various stuff? Sorry about going on and on but that's what I'm actually doing. At this point I'm just going around in circles. What are wireframe and coffeegrinder css files supposed to be doing? Where's the info I need to work with?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is actually one of the easiest things to do Carole in RLM. ;)

Select the element that you want to adjust these properties for and then go to the Properties Tab. Everything you need is right there. How did you miss that. ;)

http://s7.postimg.org/5z5x3e1h7/Screen_Shot_2014_12_30_at_9_16_13_PM.png

If you have not done so yet, we also have a bunch of articles on RLM to help you get more familiar with how the software works. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started with Responsive Layout Maker. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RLM.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 21541 Photo

9 posts

Can I really go back to RLMP to make these changes. Won't I lose the changes I've made through coffeecup and my css program? I can't afford to lose the changes I've made already. If I do this, where will the changes appear? in main.css? or where?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Carole Novak wrote:
Can I really go back to RLMP to make these changes. Won't I lose the changes I've made through coffeecup and my css program? I can't afford to lose the changes I've made already. If I do this, where will the changes appear? in main.css? or where?

You NEVER make changes to the main.css. Instead you create a custom.css and link that into all your pages. This way when you export, you don't loose things.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 21541 Photo

9 posts

Oh, great. What a messy way to do things. Yes, I remember reading this early on. I even made notes. With the gray on dark gray it's hard to read the RLMP screen. Why can't you make it a lighter grey? I've complained about this earlier on. Well I just as well start from scratch.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Carole Novak wrote:
Oh, great. What a messy way to do things. Yes, I remember reading this early on. I even made notes. With the gray on dark gray it's hard to read the RLMP screen. Why can't you make it a lighter grey? I've complained about this earlier on. Well I just as well start from scratch.

That is not a messy way to do things at all! That is how you should be doing things. ;)
User 21541 Photo

9 posts

I still like to know where the font info is located other than in RLMP. I didn't use RLMP to make the font bigger because I hadn't seen my actual text in the index.html. Once I changed the text to the actual text in coffeecup, I noticed the need. Where is the info in the css files or where else? I still think it's a messy way to make web pages. I've been working on artinharford.org for 7 years. Every month I change text and photos and I may also tweak the layout. I wonder if RLMP is the way to do it.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Carole Novak wrote:
I still like to know where the font info is located other than in RLMP. I didn't use RLMP to make the font bigger because I hadn't seen my actual text in the index.html. Once I changed the text to the actual text in coffeecup, I noticed the need. Where is the info in the css files or where else? I still think it's a messy way to make web pages. I've been working on artinharford.org for 7 years. Every month I change text and photos and I may also tweak the layout. I wonder if RLMP is the way to do it.

Again, that is not a messy way to do things at all! That is how you should be doing things. The main.css is where everything is located, but you should never touch that file. Create your own custom.css file and link that into each layout. This will then allow you to create your own styles.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.