Using Layout Maker Pro Layout Pack -...

User 2156760 Photo

3 posts

I recently bought the Layout Maker Pro Layout Pack. I want to use one of the purchased layouts in a site I've already prototyped in RLM Pro. My existing layout has been approved by the client for the home page. With a little tweaking, one of the layouts in the Layout Pack will do nicely for the site's interior pages. It seems to me that I'm going to run into problems when I try to combine the stylesheets from the two layouts. Does anyone have advice for this situation?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You cannot apply a layout to an existing site. You would have to start a new project based on that layout.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2156760 Photo

3 posts

Oh I see. I can add additional layouts to a project and modify them inside the project. In that case, it would probably be best to start with the polished layout from the Layout Pack and add a new layout patterned after my current home page. Thanks for the quick answer, Scott.

Just saw the email about the new Site Designer product. Can't wait to see it in action.
User 2147646 Photo

233 posts

Dave From Toledo wrote:
Just saw the email about the new Site Designer product. Can't wait to see it in action.

I didn't get this email :(

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts
Online Now

I think that mail was sent to owners of RLM only. If you are an owner of RLM, check if you are subscribing to newsletters from CC.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

I didn't get it either and I have RLM. :P
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 2750382 Photo

1 post

Dave, you mentioned:
... My existing layout has been approved by the client for the home page. With a little tweaking, one of the layouts in the Layout Pack will do nicely for the site's interior pages. ...

I would try and K.I.S. by having 2 style sheets, one for the home page (it's already done) and the other style sheet from the Layout Pack for those pages. That would Keep It Simple and fast.:)
Paul
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm still trying to figure out why in the world you would do a completely different layout for the rest of your pages from your home page? That makes no sense really. Your site should stay similar in looks throughout it for your visitors to have the feel they are on the same website from one page to the next. Just the professional way of handling it really.

K.I.E(even).S(simpler).... use the same layout for your entire site and alter the structure for the different pages as needed so that your site has a nice uniform look. I don't know about you, but when I go to a site with a landing page (makes my arse hurt thinking about the wasted clicks this causes especially on mobile devices) I cringe and when I go to sites that have a different page style for every page that screams extremely loudly the word "amateur". Just my opinion of course, and there may be a very good reason for you doing this, but it's not the norm and is much more work than it needs to be. :)
User 2156760 Photo

3 posts

Hi Jo Ann
The site has 5 main sections and each has substantially different functionality. The 5 sections will be similarly structured, but won't need some of the informational widgets that live on the splash page (recent blog post, slideshow, calendar, etc).
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I see, so then you really don't need a completely different layout, you just need to duplicate the page(s) that you have created already and then manipulate the columns/elements/etc. themselves t accommodate what you need. No real need to make a different looking website for those things I wouldn't think. Unless you are talking about 5 separate websites with a landing page to take you to each of them. That would be different and would make what you're saying more practical I guess. If it's only 5 pages though, then no I wouldn't do a whole different theme/layout setup for that.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.