Suggestions for Instructional...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you click Settings and go to the General Tab, look under Coffeegrinder Components. Here you have some options on what you want to include when you export.

Look how configurable RLM is. ;)

http://s27.postimg.org/teirbsrlf/Screen_Shot_2014_04_10_at_7_53_52_PM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

Thanks guys.

You're right, Scott, like all CC products, RLM is very configurable. I guess I'm trying to run before I can walk! I'm impatient and to some extent under the gun over the creation of a new website and I want to be able to remake a website (responsive) while at the same time stumble around learning how the essential tool works. Not the best way of doing things I accept.

I looked at those options, my eyes glazed over - and I mentally pigeonholed these categories for later investigation. :rolleyes:
All the Best
Ian
User 449718 Photo

14 posts

I've had a similar challenge to many who have posted here. I have read and reread the Help section, and the online material. My thought after a few minutes was that even though I didn't know what a term meant, it would become clear later ... and though the paragraph didn't make sense, it would "jell" later. After reading through it multiple times, it hasn't. I used the HTML Editor for awhile, but it was modified awhile back - taking the "visual" interface away. Since then, well the code occupies space on my hard drive but I have no clue how to use it. When VSD has responsive layouts, the websites I maintain and those I'll create in the future will be "responsive".
George
"Good judgment comes from experience ... experience comes from bad judgment"
User 492610 Photo

9 posts

I live in "country" Australia, ie 3-5 hours drive from major cities. The only half way decent internet connection available to me is satelite, and since the introduction of a new super wizzbang national broadband scheme, it's getting slower! My main site is big - about 1000 pages with lots of images. To upload changes etc I get up at 5am. I therefore do most of my web design and building offline on my computer. Your recent move to online support, be it user manual, help articles or videos makes life extremely difficult for me - and (based on your RLM Pro forums) for many other users also.
I (we) need either a comprehensive user manual in book or downloadable PDF format, or downloadable videos. As to content, “Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” (Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
With software from the major suppliers such as Adobe, Microsoft etc I have the option to buy books from third party writers, and videos from Lynda.com etc, but with your products, you are the only source (aren't you?). I don't mind paying a little extra, I really like and frequently use your products, but having to search your forums and articles (online) for basic information is not good enough.
Help!!
PS. I have sent this plea to your video suggestions forum as well.
User 526810 Photo

61 posts

*** E-Mail Newsletter Template ***
I would be interested to see some sort of tutorial on setting up an email newsletter template layout.
Working with several clients including myself this would be helpful in learning how to create the responsive and clean designs that do not come across as spam and more friendly to the recipients.
User 1935125 Photo

7 posts

As mentioned previously, it would be helpful to have a VIDEO (may not have been identified earlier) on using a basic template and walking through all the recommended settings to adjust in RLM (i.e. logo and linking to the image, elements and properties and what to include in ALL of the fields, social media and what to modify in what software (may link to HTML editor). The image, text hyperlinks, and social media... and how to include Form Builder, Site Mapper, etc would be real handy. I own a number of coffee cup user licences for programs... highlighting how the integrate in RLM will be useful.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Alexander Szigedi wrote:
As mentioned previously, it would be helpful to have a VIDEO (may not have been identified earlier) on using a basic template and walking through all the recommended settings to adjust in RLM (i.e. logo and linking to the image, elements and properties and what to include in ALL of the fields, social media and what to modify in what software (may link to HTML editor). The image, text hyperlinks, and social media... and how to include Form Builder, Site Mapper, etc would be real handy. I own a number of coffee cup user licences for programs... highlighting how the integrate in RLM will be useful.

We have that now Alexander. See http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … out-maker/ There are also many video tutorials that cover these topics here at http://vimeo.com/coffeecupsoftware/

Also, Chapter 7 outlines many other aspects. Time to get a bowl of popcorn and start reading Alexander. We have already done he hard part for you. The easy part is in your hands. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.