Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

Hi,

Very new to all this stuff, but two really simple thing I would like to see are

1. A button that allows me to delete a breakpoint [how do you delete a breakpoint anyway]...
2. The ability to show the grid as it exists after you have added elements to it.

I love that thing, it's not a framework designer at all. It's a rapid prototyping tool, and it should be developed as such with increased features to simply create working HTML/CSS/JScript pages on the fly...

Barry
New Street Photography :-)
Barry
New Street Photography
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

The features you are asking about are there already.
To the left of all the breakpoints, and if you look very closely, you will se a - and a +, black on dark grey. Mark a breakpoint and click the minus, and the breakpoint disappears.
(I have already repeatedly bent the CC staffers' ears around what I think of their choice of colours for the interface!)

In Layout mode, bottom right, you will see a check box and the word 'Show'. That will show you the grid.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

(I have already repeatedly bent the CC staffers' ears around what I think of their choice of colours for the interface!)

Many times. :P
User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

@Inger: So that's what they're for :-)

Been so busy research so much I haven't even had any time to looking int the features in The HTML Editor. Some way cool stuff in there.

Another thing that struck me [given that the things I want already exist we might as well get a little more complex] is some way to associate a class in a CSS file with a HTML tag that's being handled and generated by the RLMP editor, things like text links in a menu.

Barry
New Street Photography
Barry
New Street Photography
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Another thing that struck me [given that the things I want already exist we might as well get a little more complex] is some way to associate a class in a CSS file with a HTML tag that's being handled and generated by the RLMP editor, things like text links in a menu.

Not sure what you are asking here, are you talking about assigning a class to an element?
User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

Sorry, yes, I've been working stupid hours...

Yeah basically I could have just said "The class attribute for the <a> element when editing text doesn't seem to work"

Example:

<li class="navbar_list_item"><a title="" href="index.html" class="list-item-text-1 navbar_text">Home</a></li>

The <li class="navbar_list_item"> I can set in RLMP, as can I set the <ul class="navbar_wrapper">, but for every link in the menu I need to have physically set the navbar_text class after export. If I edit the text [where I ad the link] and change the class it just doesn't stick...

Also is there anyway in the HTML Editor to reformat the code so that lists are stacked, rather than in a line. The code cleaner doesn't seem to do this.

RLMP tag class [Sorry, that's just so I can search for the comment easily, absence any other knowledge :-)]

Barry
Barry
New Street Photography
User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

Yeah, just figured that one out too :-)

If you highlight the text for the text for the <a> tag when you change the class, it stays changed...

Barry
New Street Photography
Barry
New Street Photography
User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

There is another thing that isn't supported as far as I know...

Links in social icons.

At the moment the list is being treated as a special kind of list rather than just a list. If it was just treated as a list of font objects you would have access to each element of the list, and be able to add a link in to a specific site [just like a list in a menu bar]. You could also change the way they icons looked by adding a CSS class name to the list items..

Barry
Barry
New Street Photography
User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

You can obviously change the style by overriding each class

i.icon-facebook {
color: #40A0FF;
}

But you can't add a link to your facebook page [as far as I know]. Looking at it the way I see it it's creating a class for an element <i> in order to create the icons. Is there a way to add CSS text attributes, given that it's using a font?

Barry
New Street Photography
User 2684599 Photo

12 posts

Sorry, I will stop doing this [asking and answering my own questions]

Turns out that because the icons are fonts you can indeed use any CSS font attribute on them. i.e:

i.icon-facebook {
color: #3B5998;
font-size:30px;
}

This on the other hand will not work:

i {
font-size: 30px;
}

i.icon-facebook {
color: #3B5998;
}

I think I know why, but I would like some clarification...
Barry
New Street Photography

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.