Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup Layout Maker. So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 44412 Photo

10 posts

I really want an option on how the exported files are done. Specifically, I'd like the option of NOT having the minimal format so its easier to make small adjustments manually. Dreamweaver (and other tools) do a good job of listing the classes/ids, but trying to modify the styles as they are now is nearly impossible. Not all of us care to conserve every single bit :)
"Software makes Hardware Happen"
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Would it be possible to have an Export button added to the top toolbar? I don't mind having to use File>Export, but I do feel it would be a great time saver when working on a layout. :cool:

User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

I think that I mentioned this before in another thread (and I have been told that is was also brought up during testing), but it would be really, really, really nice to be able to enter numerically the break-point spots, and not just having to use the slider to set where you want a break-point at.

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Chef-Scott wrote:
I think that I mentioned this before in another thread (and I have been told that is was also brought up during testing), but it would be really, really, really nice to be able to enter numerically the break-point spots, and not just having to use the slider to set where you want a break-point at.

That is actually not how you should be doing responsive design as it is never pixel based. Instead you use the slider to see how your content reacts as the viewport gets smaller and smaller. That is how you determine where a breakpoint should be at.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2396289 Photo

18 posts

Scott,

After reading about RLM Pro, Its seems like a great solution to problems I'm having with another product I use to create website templates for HTML and Other CMS's(Wordpress, joomla, etc.) But, I'm still confused about RLM Pro's export options. Does it export to just Coffeecup's HTML editor/VSD or does it export to other CMS templates? Or just the BootStrap framework? To be honest I'm not up to speed about BootStrap Framework as I should be.. I only know its meant to produce for responsive design. What ever information you could provide would be appreciate it great.

Thanks,
Russell
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
That is actually not how you should be doing responsive design as it is never pixel based. Instead you use the slider to see how your content reacts as the viewport gets smaller and smaller. That is how you determine where a breakpoint should be at.

The more I use RLMP, the more I see that what you are saying is correct. I need to bring my thinking on page layout forward, stop thinking numbers, and start thinking content flow as screen sizes change.

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Russell LeChard wrote:
Scott,

After reading about RLM Pro, Its seems like a great solution to problems I'm having with another product I use to create website templates for HTML and Other CMS's(Wordpress, joomla, etc.) But, I'm still confused about RLM Pro's export options. Does it export to just Coffeecup's HTML editor/VSD or does it export to other CMS templates? Or just the BootStrap framework? To be honest I'm not up to speed about BootStrap Framework as I should be.. I only know its meant to produce for responsive design. What ever information you could provide would be appreciate it great.

Thanks,
Russell

The exported mockup is a full website. You get all the HTML, JavaScripts, CSS and framework etc. You can then work with this output in any web editor you like.
User 2396289 Photo

18 posts

Thank you Scott.. When will RLM Pro be available? Hours, Days, weeks? (throw me a bone) Giggle! It seems like a great addtion to Coffeecups Suite of products.

Also, I applied a few weeks ago to CoffeeCup's Beta Testing program. I have not gotten a response back. Did you receive it? I believe the form was sent to you...

Thanks again
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Russell LeChard wrote:
Thank you Scott.. When will RLM Pro be available? Hours, Days, weeks? (throw me a bone) Giggle! It seems like a great addtion to Coffeecups Suite of products.

Also, I applied a few weeks ago to CoffeeCup's Beta Testing program. I have not gotten a response back. Did you receive it? I believe the form was sent to you...

Thanks again

Our personal goal is within the next 7 days but do not hold me to that. ;-)

Your beta app was received! If we have a beta program opening up and we think you will be a good fit for that app, we will be in touch. Currently we get 10+ requests a day so we have a lot of them to go through. People just love to beta test! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.