Should Have Waited For Responsive...

User 437417 Photo

10 posts

Hi Gun,
I suppose it was the hype around RLM that led me to believe we all needed to have responsive websites.
That's why I bought it in the first place. It will probably hold true for the future so maybe its time to try to design a new website and see how it goes. I was playing around with the template included with the program. I got some of it edited with my own stuff but it is no way near as simple as VSD. Its a bit late (here) to continue so I will have another go tomorrow. I will sit down and try to learn the basics. Are there any ready made templates we can download?.
There are some CC youtube videos but they have music instead of dialogue which is a bit of a waste.
I will keep the questions going in :lol::lol:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Charles McCormack wrote:
Hi Gun,
I suppose it was the hype around RLM that led me to believe we all needed to have responsive websites.
That's why I bought it in the first place. It will probably hold true for the future so maybe its time to try to design a new website and see how it goes. I was playing around with the template included with the program. I got some of it edited with my own stuff but it is no way near as simple as VSD. Its a bit late (here) to continue so I will have another go tomorrow. I will sit down and try to learn the basics. Are there any ready made templates we can download?.
There are some CC youtube videos but they have music instead of dialogue which is a bit of a waste.
I will keep the questions going in :lol::lol:

You purchased a whole collection of them Charles with RLM. Have you not looked at those yet?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

There are also some really good videos on the cc youtube channel, with voice. I also know Steve has had some pretty good luck with RLM and would be happy to help you out here on the forum, as well as others. Responsive really is the way to go. It'll just take a little time to go around that learning curve. The end result will be worth it. Good luck.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 509755 Photo

47 posts

Scott, I've been watching some of the CC RLM videos and some on the YouTubes and the Googles, and I've been reading through some of the interesting forum threads. I'd still like to circle back round to Randy's initial quandary about the upcoming Responsive Site Designer (RSD) and where it will ultimately fit in CC's responsive workflow.

So, my question is about RSD vs. or with HTML Editor V14. I'm wondering if ultimately the CC roadmap for your responsive tool set is to give me RLM to take care of the tricky CSS and responsive foundations for a layout, then export to RSD instead of HTML Editor V14 as the final, responsive-customized HTML editor? Or will HTML Editor V14 be an integral part of the responsive tool set in a different way that I just can't figure out yet?

Thanks, - Paul
Paul MacMartin
www.paulmacmartin.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Paul MacMartin wrote:
Scott, I've been watching some of the CC RLM videos and some on the YouTubes and the Googles, and I've been reading through some of the interesting forum threads. I'd still like to circle back round to Randy's initial quandary about the upcoming Responsive Site Designer (RSD) and where it will ultimately fit in CC's responsive workflow.

So, my question is about RSD vs. or with HTML Editor V14. I'm wondering if ultimately the CC roadmap for your responsive tool set is to give me RLM to take care of the tricky CSS and responsive foundations for a layout, then export to RSD instead of HTML Editor V14 as the final, responsive-customized HTML editor? Or will HTML Editor V14 be an integral part of the responsive tool set in a different way that I just can't figure out yet?

Thanks, - Paul

RSD will function much like RLM does now, but it will allow you to add all your content directly into it instead of having to export to the Editor. With RSD you can still use the Editor or not. That would be a personal choice for you on what exactly you want to do/accomplish.

We are not going to comment too much on RSD at this stage. As we get closer to release, more specific details will be posted.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 509755 Photo

47 posts

Those overview broad strokes, though, are a great help . Thx Scott, - PMM
Paul MacMartin
www.paulmacmartin.com
User 2488786 Photo

190 posts

Not being a web designer professionally, just do it for several organization.
Didn't even know what responsive was until I ran across it on the CC page......like a ton of bricks.
I always hated how I had to scroll side to side and up and down, so I leaped in without downloading any trials and bought the 17 software pack.
I got it at a time where I was working insane hours and even more insane drive times, but would come home exhausted and lurk and stalk around the forum, can't remember how many weeks it was till I figured out what everyone was saying and what it meant..........."It's not a template it's a layout" ....... and that I had to do coding instead of WYSIWYG, which I have dabbled with changing codes, but never writing.
Then to finally realize that I didn't have to learn CSS right away has open the door for me.
I have changed and exported some layouts, made some forms and looking forward to this insane schedule getting back to normal in a few weeks so I can actually bring something online.
And the help from so many in the forum makes it that much easier.
An expert at using the wrong tool the right way.
User 462989 Photo

53 posts

Referring to Charles' post of 30 April I have managed to get CC Web Forms and CC Photo Gallery (and Google Maps) to work within RLM. Photo Gallery of course fails on the non-Windows machines because it is Flash based, but that's another story.
It has been a "culture shock" to switch from the "drag and drop" environment, but I believe it is the way to go. When I see the trend on my few websites' statistics, the "mobile device" visitors are becoming more and more predominant.

It has been challenging, but I am learning slowly -always good for the brain, no matter what age!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.