RLMP Various Grids in the same...

User 2336498 Photo

40 posts

Hi Folks -

1) is it possible to import a layout from one rlmp file into different one?
2) I have three rlmp files of which each one has a different grit (4, 3, 2 columns): is it possible to have different grid column setup in one project?

The only way I can think of this is by starting out with a 12 column grid, for example, and then design the layout so that it looks like 4, 3, and 2 columns.

Any insights please? Thank you.

User 2336498 Photo

40 posts

"...then design the layout so that it looks like 4, 3, and 2 columns adding a new one via Manage Project.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Import from one to another
If you have two existing projects, no you cannot import from one to the other at this time.

Grid Layouts
I think you answered your own question, and you are being more complicated than you need to be. Think of it this way. You have a grid that contains rows. Each row has columns, and each row can have a different number of columns than other rows on the page.

Therefore, if you need to have three types of pages on your site (one with 4 columns, one with 3 columns and one with 2 columns), then you can use Manage Project just as you said and create three pages, each with its respective number of columns.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2336498 Photo

40 posts

Thank you Brian. Too bad about the import thing. Take is as a suggestion to import into Manage Projects even if the grid does not match, one can at least get it all in one project and and makes changes until fits. That would be great.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Frank Schneider wrote:
Thank you Brian. Too bad about the import thing. Take is as a suggestion to import into Manage Projects even if the grid does not match, one can at least get it all in one project and and makes changes until fits. That would be great.

Brian doesn't work for CoffeeCup Frank, but he helps enough that he should. ;)

If you want to post a suggestion, you can do that here http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … out-maker/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can always design a "base template" project so that you can include all of the different types of pages you need (4 column, 3 column, 2, 1 etc.). Then when you start a new site just use that base template file to start with and save it as another name and you now have half the work completed as you have all the main page structures in all your new projects. You can duplicate pages within your project so you can have as many 1, 2, 3, or 4 column pages as you want in your project by just duplicating the base template pages wthin. This gives you full control over any possible future need for pages. When you're done and you export your files, just delete the .html pages you don't need (basically the base template files) and you're all set. Keep the base template files in your project in the program though so you can always expand your sites later with ease.

Need something different added in the future? Add it to your base template file and then you always have it later too, you can alter that file to your hearts content to add new features to it so you can use that file for new sites later.

Yes it would be nice to copy things from one project to another, but starting with a fully functional base template helps a lot so that you don't have to redesign the wheel once you've already done it. Just a tip there for ya :)
User 2336498 Photo

40 posts

Cool thing. It is not much work to re-work it I notice from the Configure Grid and Manage Columns section. Looks the same like before. :cool:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.