RLM Image background question - Post...

User 532782 Photo

5 posts

Hello Guys and Gals,

I am a total noob and have little to no experience with coding at all.
I purchased CoffeeCup super pack and have been playing or learning to use some of the software.

In RLM I have been trying to set an image as the main/logo, but I can't seem to be able to set image box background to transparent. Is there a way to set the image box to have a transparent background?
I have made a large logo for my Heading/Logo and my image has a transparent background.

Now I don't have a site yet as I am still learning on my own by playing with free templates.
Since I have been playing/learning I learned how to set an image as a website background and I know RLM does not have that option yet. But I will change coding for that later when I get rest of layout finished in RLM. And since I will be using an image as site background and a image as heading/logo I want the image box in RLM to have a transparent background.

I hope that this post makes sense.
So will i have to remove the background color in the coding later to make image box transparent?

Thanks in advance
Fred
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Fred Wilhelm wrote:

In RLM I have been trying to set an image as the main/logo, but I can't seem to be able to set image box background to transparent. Is there a way to set the image box to have a transparent background?
I have made a large logo for my Heading/Logo and my image has a transparent background.

Welcome to to forum Fred.
logo & Image box = just a place holder for your image and you can't / don't need any value for transparent, after you export your project you will change the source of image place holder with actual image in your code editor.

And since I will be using an image as site background and a image as heading/logo I want the image box in RLM to have a transparent background.

There is no such option in RLM for that up to this date.

So will i have to remove the background color in the coding later to make image box transparent?

you will need to replace the image place holder source with your actual image.
To set a transparent for image you will need image editor and that usually done within image editor, however we can set transparency property and value within a css and CSS3 property for transparency is opacity.
Have a look at here http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp for few examples.

Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 532782 Photo

5 posts

Hello,

Thanks for the help, I understand what you said in response to my questions.
I am a great deal away from creating a website as self learning HTML & CSS.
I do use the sites w3schools and codeacademy for my step by step learning as I alter templates to see what things do.

Anyways thanks again.
Have a great weekend/day
Fred

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.