RLM - CSS files - Post ID 243416

User 2742007 Photo

6 posts

Hi,

When I make a site it is making 5 CSS files but it is only using 3 of these in html code of the pages.
Why is this?

I also can see that of the 3 used the 2 is quite difficult to read and modify.
Is this on purpose?

Can You give some pointers how to read the 2 files?
coffeegrinder.min.css
wireframe-theme.min.css

BR

Jens
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You should not be touching those CSS files Jens in any way. Leave them alone or you could cause all sorts of problems. Instead, if you want to make custom changes, you link in a custom.css under the Layouts and define your own styles.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2742007 Photo

6 posts

Hi,

As I understand You would ad an additional CSS sheet with my custom back etc..
I should not edit main.css that is readable and good structured?

You did not comment on my point that RLM exports 2 CSS files that are not used.
Will the new RLM export more "clean" website, where unused data is not exported or do we have to clean up Ourselfes?

BR

Jens
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

As far as I can see, those two files:

coffeegrinder.min.css
wireframe-theme.min.css

they ARE the ones being used. You have them in two versions, the other versions are without the '.min' in the name. Those are the ones that can be read, but you should not change anything! The two files you mentioned are the same files, just minified (hence the '.min' in the name) so that the pages load faster. Because they are minified (compressed), it's very hard to read them.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Jens Bødtker christiansen wrote:
Hi,

As I understand You would ad an additional CSS sheet with my custom back etc..
I should not edit main.css that is readable and good structured?

You did not comment on my point that RLM exports 2 CSS files that are not used.
Will the new RLM export more "clean" website, where unused data is not exported or do we have to clean up Ourselfes?

BR

Jens

Well if you really Want :cool: to read the compressed files, there are many on line sites that will do if for you. Just google
"uncompress minified css"

TomH

User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

I think the main point is that CC:
-- provides the compressed files for the site to use to optimize the site performance
-- provides the uncompressed files so you can see easily what is in the compressed files without having to use a 3rd party to read the compressed files
-- provides a way to add a custom.css file so that you can (1) safely make changes without messing up the exported code and (2) so that your changes do not get overwritten when the project is re-exported.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.