Responsive Layoutmaker with Concrete5...

User 2606159 Photo

3 posts

Hi guys,

i'm interested in Responsive Layoutmaker. But I have to know if the code is compatible to implement the Concrete5 CMS system.

Could anyone give me some HTML files created with responsive layout maker? Then I will check if this will be possible.

Thanks guys!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Have you tried the trial version of the program? It's fully functional from what I've seen and you have 7 days I believe, to check it all out. Try that. :)
User 2606159 Photo

3 posts

Oops! didn't know there is a trial version! Thanks! :D
User 2161343 Photo

76 posts

I've just bought & installed RLM, just a few weeks after I discovered Concrete5, which I haven't really tried yet.

They appear to be similar in concept, and RLM uses some of the same terminology (such as Stacks, which "let you reuse a block or a combination of blocks in multiple places on your site"), but very few of the layouts created by users in Concrete5 are responsive. No doubt that will change.

I'll be learning both at the same time, and it will be interesting to see how they stack up. (Pun intended.) DreamHost offers Concrete5 for free on sites they host, which is nice, but I want to use RLM on sites hosted elsewhere which don't offer it.
User 2665008 Photo

3 posts

Paul, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I did some c5 sites a few years ago, and converting an html page into a c5 template is very straightforward. With responsive layouts you have keep in mind what will happen to your c5 content blocks as the page width changes, but give yourself some time to experiment and iterate and you should be fine. Good luck!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.