Responsive Layout Maker Pro... is...

User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Since there is not yet a forum for RLMP (hint, hint :D), I'll ask this here.
Is it possible for RLMP and the other responsive programs (Menu Builder and Button Builder) to in a future update/release have the ability to let me enter in where I want the slider to move to instead of having to drag it? To me this would be a great time saver over having to always use the slider.

Also in RLMP when I use the em based grids CoffeeGrinder MFE or DDE I still see pixel based widths and not em widths in the slider area.
Attachments:

User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Also in case no one has noticed the Help section here has some duplicate info but none are linked to anything.

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/

Attachments:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,453 posts

The ability to enter a width in addition to dragging the slider has been asked for ever since we started testing.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Chef-Scott wrote:
Also in case no one has noticed the Help section here has some duplicate info but none are linked to anything.

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/

I'll assume either it was a glitch on your end (as I can't see what you see in Firefox browser) or they have already fixed it :P
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

To add more to being able to enter in a number for the breakpoint:

When using RLMP and Button Builder, I know where to the pixel that I want my breakpoint to be in Button Builder. But I have to play with the slider to hit the spot that I need to match the breakpoint settings in RLMP (and the other way around as well) .

This is by far the best reason I can see for being able to enter in numeric values directly into both RLMP and Button Builder (and all of the other Responsive programs from CoffeeCup).

It makes cross program use much more effective and seamless.

I understand that responsive design is more visual based than strictly numeric based, but we sometimes know exactly where we need the breakpoint to be and do not want to spend the time moving a slider to hit the exact point we want when working with the various responsive programs you have released and future programs.

I urge you to add this feature into all of the responsive programs.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just as an FYI, the last time I looked at RLM it does have the ability to fine tune if you click the breakpoint button and use the left/right or up/down arrow keys on the keyboard. :)
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Just as an FYI, the last time I looked at RLM it does have the ability to fine tune if you click the breakpoint button and use the left/right or up/down arrow keys on the keyboard. :)

Very nice, I never noticed that ability in RLMP before.:D
But it is still much slower than being able to enter it directly.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I definitely agree that an input box would be much better and more like you would find with many other programs. Hopefully they are planning to do that, but not sure sorry. At least we have a fine tune way for now :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.