Please, Please Help - Page 7 - Post...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,462 posts

Sineis,

Re your questions 1 and 3: You can set the aspect ratio to fit your needs. E.g. set it to 10x7 and the max width to 100, then you will have a 100x70 logo. Similar with the Wow slider file.

I'm not the right person to answer questions about Button maker.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Inger wrote:
I've used the HTML editor for years Inger, however I wouldn't say I new everything about it still, as we have different ways of working, but I still find little gems that help. As for the RLM I know Jo Ann disagrees and she makes fair points, however I still feel that it is more suited to WYSIWYG Expert. I know a top designer and his team, trying to promote it a bit, who I told about the RLM, he said he wouldn't touch it because of it's WYSIWYG approach. I don't think there is anything there that non-coders can't do they would just have to play with the padding and margins. As for me I like to see the code, that's what my difficulties are, but it's got power and is a fine too to have in your arsenal.

Again I agree, Nigel. I have coded some responsive sites without grids, just media queries, and they work fine. And I'm also addicted to seeing the code.
As for RLMP, I want to get on top of it, not in the least because I also teach website building, and if I can 'show off' with RLMP, it would also probably mean business for CC ;)

Yeah I think everyone will win with it, might take a bit of time. I've resisted until with responsive because of the idea it might be a fad, which it probably isn't going to be now. I've seen so many things come and go that you never know. A few years ago Javascript was supposed to be dead and buried, then Jquery came out and it's the best thing since sliced bread, actually I like to cut my own bread :lol: but to coin a phrase.
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

Hi,
@Nigel,
Yes the Amstrad had a Basic interpreter, so one could code in that. As it happened it had a superb feature which was that one could add on a dongle which held up to 6 ROMs each of 16k, and could invoke them with |Protext for example. The advantage of that was that the whole of the RAM was available for data. But of course to write in the ROM, one had two constraints. 1. Your code had to fit into 16k and not a byte more, and 2 it had to be in machine language.

As my nic suggests, I live next door, but lived in London for the first 48 years of my life. Glad you agree about the hands on advantage.

@Inger Taking your point about RLM (I guess the ptb would prefer stuff to be more or less on-topic) I don't see it as a problem from the point of view of having hands on control. As I understand it, you create a structure (wire frame, grid, call it what you like) and that is nearly all going to live in the external CSS. So you use the CSS to create the form, complete with breakpoints, etc and then craft the HTML round the stub it gives you (it's got to have something, of course) to create the content.

@Gunsmoke. Yes, spall chuckers are fine, as long as you're typo leads to something that ain't in the dictionary. But, if you look at the 2nd and 3rd words, both will pass a spill shaker. In fact, this last paragraph has 5 mistakes in it none of which would be picked up mechanically. Sniff... I want an intelligent spell checker. There's nearly one in French, by the way called Antidote.

I've uploaded the pdf of the rows and columns section of the quick guide for your perusal.
http://gunsmoke.me/gfh/download.php?file=578rowsncols.pdf

Do let me know.... bla bla.
All the Best
Ian
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,462 posts

ianinfrance wrote:

@Gunsmoke. Yes, spall chuckers are fine, as long as you're typo leads to something that ain't in the dictionary. But, if you look at the 2nd and 3rd words, both will pass a spill shaker. In fact, this last paragraph has 5 mistakes in it none of which would be picked up mechanically. Sniff... I want an intelligent spell checker. There's nearly one in French, by the way called Antidote.

Grief, I can hardly read what the guy is saying here... :lol::lol::P

Ian, You will find all kinds of spelling mistakes here. Not everyone has a degree in English spelling. Besides, you have us aliens coming from non-English speaking snow holes. :cool:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Well done on the PDF. Appreciate it! :D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

Inger wrote:
ianinfrance wrote:

Sniff... I want an intelligent spell checker. There's nearly one in French, by the way called Antidote.

Ian, You will find all kinds of spelling mistakes here. Not everyone has a degree in English spelling. Besides, you have us aliens coming from non-English speaking snow holes. :cool:

I'm normally very tolerant of speeling mistooks from non-native english speakers as I'm perpetually astonished at the fluency they show in my mother tongue. This is especially true for Scandiwegians btw.

I really only mentioned it to tease G'kar (sounds like someone from Pern) after his crack about Wordperfect.
All the Best
Ian
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Well done on the PDF. Appreciate it! :D
You're welcome. It wasn't perfect - I had to reduce the size of the images, btw, and it's a pretty weighty document for what it is, but it IS printable. I'm away for a week, taking a health cure in Brest (where my friend Alain plies me with an almost limitless supply of fishy and shellfishy delicacies. Sigh.... life can be SO hard. Anyway when I get back, I'll have a look at the following parts and see what I can do with them.
All the Best
Ian
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

ianinfrance wrote:
Inger wrote:
ianinfrance wrote:

Sniff... I want an intelligent spell checker. There's nearly one in French, by the way called Antidote.

I'm normally very tolerant of speeling mistooks from non-native english speakers as I'm perpetually astonished at the fluency they show in my mother tongue. This is especially true for Scandiwegians btw.

I really only mentioned it to tease G'kar (sounds like someone from Pern) after his crack about Wordperfect.

Bah you don't know your Sci-fi :lol: I think non English speaking people are amazing, as you say about the Norse countries, I don't know if you follow footy, but the great Jan Molby started to speak in a Scouse accent after a while, incredible. Having said that coming from the North of England I can understand quite a bit of Danish ;)
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

G'kar wrote:
ianinfrance wrote:

Bah you don't know your Sci-fi :lol:

I think you might like to check up on that. Have a look at any of the Dragonrider books. (I don't take TV/Film SF as being serious SF, Mr Ambassador, not even Babylon5)
All the Best
Ian
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Have a nice bowl of clam chowder for me, and have a nice trip too! :D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.