Page width issue at phone size - Post...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,455 posts
Online Now

There is, in this case a wireframe-theme css, which contain a lot of 'default' style rules, so I guess that is some kind of resetting.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Between the logo at 358px and the margin at 35px, you've got 391px to fit into a screen thats about 300px wide.
Have you tried Eric's suggestion? Drop the left margin and use push; 1 or 2 col spans to get it in place. Make sure to remove the min-width on the logo. And don't forget Inger's observation – you need another breakpoint. Probably best to go to a single column around 480—500px.
At phone size, I guess you would remove the push and just let it center itself (1 col).
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Thanks for the info, Inger.
I'd hate to have everything just so, then have it all go bonkers on export because I either included or didn't include an additional style sheet. :o
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

First,

Thank you everyone for you taking your time to help.

Steve, I found the problem with the post from Mark. Maybe that will help you find why your sites may have the same issue.

Inger, I didn't actually put those break points in, they were already in when I created this layout. But, I will be putting one in at 400px like you have suggested since some have smaller phones.

Paintbrush, The logo is an image and it is responsive on my phone. It will have a text tagline to the right which will be in it's own column and will move under the logo at smaller sizes. I will be working with the sizes like you suggested later. Like I told Steve, Mark figured out the culprit was the min size on row 2.

Eric, Thank you for reminding me about the push/pull. I had just totally went brain dead when I did the margin thing instead of just moving the column over. This isn't my first rodeo, but it is only my second rodeo. :D

Mark, Thank you, you figured out what I did wrong. Don't know why I did that as that was yesterday and it was a long day. I didn't actually have any scroll bars on my phone or on my browser when I squeezed it down but I do understand what you're saying. The first site I did with RLM came out great with help from this forum.

So, It's been a long day and I'm not finished with some other tasks. So, thank you everyone for your time and help. I have learned so much in the last few months and it's because of the people in this forum.

Ernie
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 171749 Photo

91 posts

Glad I could help :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.