Need help inserting drop down menu. -...

User 2676159 Photo

41 posts

Hi again Jo Ann
David C wrote:

<div id="nav"> <li2> <a class="link-text text-link-2b" href="services.php…
There is no such a tag that exists so I'll assume it's just a typo, but if not then you might want to take a look at the allowed element tags so you are more familiar with what is and isn't considered an element. Hope that helps some too. :)

"LI2" is a tag defined in the CSS. In the dlit.co.nz pages it works perfectly fine, and does what it should.

Of course, I meant to add "That said, the context is different, and on my last trial last night I wasn't getting that error from the validator (but I don't believe I changed it, although it was almost 1am!)

I'll keep working at it as I get time. I am considering basically 1) make a bunch of hidden except when appropriate containers and 2) creating the menu code elsewhere and stuffing it into the containers. That may, however, add a hell of a lot of excess code to an already code-heavy page :(

Thanks, through the replies I have found and fixed a number of errors, and I do value them :)
david@kiwiscene.kiwi

User 2676159 Photo

41 posts

I'm still stuck on this.

I've tried using the Menu builder - that's sadly limited to only one sub-menu level, so it's not going to do the job. Also, I can't see any way to make a sub-menu come out to the right or left on a drop-down menu (ie first sub menu drops underneath, second sub comes out to the right, as on our current website).

I've spent considerable hours working on various ideas with no luck. The code works perfectly on our live site but I can't replicate it in a responsive version.

Also, is there a way to tell RLM NOT to generate CSS for stuff not touched by pages it creates? I don't use UL/OL/NAV/LI in the pages with RLM so why is it generating CSS for them?

Thanks for any help,
David

david@kiwiscene.kiwi

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Also, is there a way to tell RLM NOT to generate CSS for stuff not touched by pages it creates? I don't use UL/OL/NAV/LI in the pages with RLM so why is it generating CSS for them?

That what the settings are for.. ;)

http://s26.postimg.org/savywu0kp/Screen_Shot_2014_07_02_at_8_34_27_PM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2676159 Photo

41 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

That what the settings are for.. ;)

Tried turning them all off. Still generates CSS which alters nav, UL etc. Almost like my own CSS is being ignored (but it isn't, because if I change the name of something there and don't make the change to the html things break)

'tis doing my head in this. Took me far less time to code the original menu by hand! :)
david@kiwiscene.kiwi

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.