Links - Post ID 247740

User 456649 Photo

6 posts

How do I name the links. And can I import changes I have made in Responsive Design Maker into Responsive Layout Maker. I am really struggling with Responsive Design Maker without any instructions being available.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What do you mean by "name links" Jean?

RSD is very similar in almost all aspects as to RLM. While we do not have specific documentation for RSD (yet), using the RLM documentation will certainly help your understanding of RSD.

If you have not done so yet, we also have a bunch of articles on RLM to help you get more familiar with how the software works. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started with Responsive Layout Maker. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RLM.

And can I import changes I have made in Responsive Design Maker into Responsive Layout Maker.

You can open your Responsive Layout Maker project in Responsive Site Designer but not the other way around.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
What do you mean by "name links" Jean?

RSD is very similar in almost all aspects as to RLM. While we do not have specific documentation for RSD (yet), using the RLM documentation will certainly help your understanding of RSD.

If you have not done so yet, we also have a bunch of articles on RLM to help you get more familiar with how the software works. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started with Responsive Layout Maker. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RLM.

And can I import changes I have made in Responsive Design Maker into Responsive Layout Maker.

You can open your Responsive Layout Maker project in Responsive Site Designer but not the other way around.

I think you misunderstood here Scott, she's not having trouble with RLM she's having trouble with RSD and wants to go back to RLM so what she needs is a QSG for RSD not RLM :P Wow say that 5 times fast! hahaha.
User 456649 Photo

6 posts

I have set up the links in RLM. Now how do I change the name on the link from "linked text" to Accommodation, Real Estate, etc., pertinent to the site I am converting. Also, how do I apply the style different states of the links, e.g. hover, underline on rollover, active, visited. Do I perform this in RLM or RSD? I apologize for seeming a little bit dense but I am used to working in Dreamweaver, which at this point seems to be a lot easier than these two programs. All the help you can give me is appreciated.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jean Pearce wrote:
I have set up the links in RLM. Now how do I change the name on the link from "linked text" to Accommodation, Real Estate, etc., pertinent to the site I am converting.

In RLM, just double-click on the text and that will allow you to change it. That is the process you will really take to make changes to any text in RLM.

In RSD, the process is a little different. See this post from Bob that explains how things work:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post247428

Also, how do I apply the style different states of the links, e.g. hover, underline on rollover, active, visited. Do I perform this in RLM or RSD?

That is something you do in RSD, not RLM.

I do have to say again (very important), if you have not done so yet, we also have a bunch of articles on RLM to help you get more familiar with how the software works. Our Quick Start Guide is very helpful when getting started with Responsive Layout Maker. We recommend taking a look at it as it explains many different parts of RLM.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.