Layout Design - Post ID 246481

User 92897 Photo

20 posts

I copied my index page to make a second page which I called Home. Why when I change the second home page does it change the layout on the first index page? How do I make pages that don't affect each others layout.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Duplicating a page only copies the content that was on the page when it was duplicated. If you make changes, that still need to be added to the duplicate page as well.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 92897 Photo

20 posts

I don't understand, I duplicated my first page and then put new content and altered the layout on the new duplicate page. But when I go back to my first page the layout had all changed, even some hidden text is now visible.
User 92897 Photo

20 posts

I am trying to make a 5 page website with the same layout but different content, which mean I have to change the layout for the text to fit. What do I need to do? I was trying to copy one page to another so I didn;t have to make all new layout.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Todd Shroats wrote:
I don't understand, I duplicated my first page and then put new content and altered the layout on the new duplicate page. But when I go back to my first page the layout had all changed, even some hidden text is now visible.

This is because all those elements are using the same class name. When any element shares a class name or id, when you make changes to one, it will change all. That is the beauty of CSS.

To prevent that, you need to give unique class names or ids to each element.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.