Feeling Silly Here ... Editing a...

User 46496 Photo

102 posts

I am feeling a bit dense here and am hoping you guys can help me! I have the Canvas theme. I decided to edit the template links, so that I still have 4 links, but rather than the default of home, services, about and contact, I wanted to have home, gallery, about, contact. I used RLM to modify the text and the page the text points to. But when I export it, I get the default links and their associated text. It is displaying the way I want it to in RLM, just not on the export.

Also, the text in the footer, on the left side, is currently blue. I have successfully changed all other text color, but that one just will not change. It does not matter what color I put in, the blue remains on the screen. In RLM, it displays my new color in the color box, but the text will not update.

What am I doing wrong?
User 46496 Photo

102 posts

Okay, still digging here. To explain more fully. The link reads gallery on the index.html file (when viewed) and the link it points to is gallery.html, but the page created in the export is services.html - even though I edited it to say gallery.html in RLM. What I did not yet do is edit the other pages in the layout to have the same link structure. Perhaps that is causing this issue? I will go find out ...
User 473158 Photo

17 posts

Hi Michelle

You also have to rename the pages (Layouts/Manage Project) before exporting !

As to the color in the footer, you have to chose "Apply to ID" in the properties pane since they used the ID of "footer-paragraph" on all pages in this theme.

Chris
User 46496 Photo

102 posts

Chris,
thank you for reply. :)

I did figure out the layout manager portion, through trial and error. I had exported the site and found that only my index.html page was displaying as I had edited, but the other pages did not. That got me to fishing around more in RLM and I found the manager. I am happy to say I now have a gallery page! :D

As for the footer paragraph ... for a simple minded person, how would I have known to make the change on the ID and not the Class, when all of the other items were applied to class? I did what you said, and the color did, indeed, change. So, again, THANK YOU for that too! :D

Best,
Michelle

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.