Embedded fonts - Post ID 239372

User 2716614 Photo

21 posts

I noticed RLM embeds fonts and includes "icomoon-ultimate.ttf" when exporting even a blank page where no text exists. I've never worked with embedded fonts before, I've always stuck to Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand embedding better. A few questions:

* If I design using embedded fonts do they always get used? I mean will phones and other mobile devices get them reliably. In other words - how safe is it to use embedded fonts?

* Can I assume that whatever font I use within RLM will automatically get embedded?

Any advice along these lines with RLM and fonts would be appreciated thanks.

P.S. My brain hurts. I'm getting to grips with RLM and thinking in fluid layouts instead of exact object css but it's a climb. Tho it'll all be worthwhile I'm very sure.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I think you are still overthinking things here Andrew. You need to just trust in the magic that is RLM... ;)

* If I design using embedded fonts do they always get used? I mean will phones and other mobile devices get them reliably. In other words - how safe is it to use embedded fonts?

They are very safe to use otherwise we would not have included them.

* Can I assume that whatever font I use within RLM will automatically get embedded?

Of course! RLM would not be of much use if it did not. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2716614 Photo

21 posts

Thanks Scott. Looking forward to more stylish text.

I'm convinced that responsive is the way forward and equally convinced RLM is the tool to make it happen for me. I'm determined not to drop out and go back to the 'old way'. The benefits of learning this are just too great. My head does ache but you soon get to realise there are only a few controls master. Its not complicated its just different.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Andrew wrote:

I see the same embedded font here on Desktop, Laptop, Samsung Galaxy, ipad and iphone.

I have a strong trust on RLMP :)
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2716614 Photo

21 posts

Thank you Mansour.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.