Elements spanning rows - Post ID 225206

User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

I know that elements cannot span rows, but I'd like to do a layout that appears as if it did. The page has a header, a footer, a vertical nav menu, a slideshow, body copy and a call to action.

The location of the header and footer are self-explanatory.

I have a vertical nav menu. At desktop width, I want it to appear to the left of the body. At mobile width, I want it to move below the body. I want the menu height to extend from the header all the way to the footer.

To the right of the vertical nav menu are three items: a slideshow, the body copy and a call to action. The body copy and the call to action appear beside one another and the slideshow appears above them spanning the two columns.

(I've attached an image to be a little more clear about the layout.)

I have the header and footer in their own row at the top and bottom respectively. I'm just not sure about the way the elements looking as if spanning rows. Therefore, what is the best way in terms of rows and columns to accomplish this in RLMP?
Attachments:
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What I would do there is have 3 rows:

1. Row for Header
2. Row with 2 columns and the second column use a subgrid
3. Row for Footer.

http://s16.postimg.org/kailmyv8l/container.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

How do you get that look with colors inside RLMP? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

For that I used a container element. Pretty cool right? :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2336860 Photo

252 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
For that I used a container element. Pretty cool right? :)

Got it!!! Cool! How did I miss this?!? Thanks for the heads up Scott! :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.