Editing within Responsive Layout...

User 2666106 Photo

8 posts

The web editors I've been using would create templates that allow you to place and change content that would be shown on every page attached to that template. In those templates any changes made would be reflected to all existing pages. Are your templates going to have that feature?

Will I be able to view code added (images, writing, divs) in Responsive Layout Maker?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mark,

I think you might be talking about the up and coming Responsive Web Designer which has not launched yet. The Layout maker doesn't allow you to add all your content to it, it's a layout maker only. There are a handful of things you can customize with it, but in the end it's still only a layout maker. You cannot add your images to it (nor should you really need to), you cannot add code to it etc.

As for the other main question you asked about, the Layout Maker does not have what you call "templates" or what I would call a "libraries" system in it, so you cannot just add an include of sorts to the page to make it have all the things from other pages. You use it similar to VSD in that you make a duplicate of the page once you have the main things in place and just edit that page to your liking.

What it does do is share the classes that you add to it, so you can in a sense effect all the elements you've added to all your pages if they have the same class in them. But, once again this is only layout settings and not your content. Once you have the layout how you like it you export the code and complete the site in your favorite HTML Editor. That's where you will add your content and if you want to include libraries and the like you would do so there if your editor supports that feature.

Hope that helps, and maybe we'll get a bit of info from a CC person to tell us about the Libraries type situation with the up and coming Responsive Designer. That I cannot answer for you as I don't know what's going to all be in that one.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.