Custom links - Post ID 249721

User 2783853 Photo

8 posts

designed a new class of a text link titled 'text-link' by specifying its properties in the main.css. Link works fine. Then, I designed a new class of a link to be placed in the footer of all pages on the site. This link class is titled 'footer-link'. I specified the properties of this new link in the main.css as well. The link does not operate properly - it has the color of the text-link - blue (should be black according to what I established in the main.css) but on hover this link shows the color I want (white). Something overwrites the properties of the footer-link and I cannot understand what.

Thank you.

Andrey
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you attach your project file Andrey?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just in case you're not aware of this (or in case you're not stating that you're doing this and maybe you are), you shouldn't be editing the main.css file, but should instead be creating a custom.css file and copying the code for your changes into there so you don't overwrite your changes next time you export.

If you've already exported for the last time then never mind, but this just means that you cannot just jump in and create another page or rearrange a current page later very easily as it will be overwriting that main.css file and all your changes.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up there in case you weren't doing it that way to make it easier on you later :)
User 2783853 Photo

8 posts

Scott, I only can attach the RLMP file, but that file contains no specific changes I addressed in my original post above.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Hi Andrey. I think Scott assumed that you were making the changes within RLM because RLM generates main.css. Jo is right. It's best to let RLM do all the changes to main.css. If you make the changes to main.css yourself, the next time you export, all your changes will be overwritten. On the other way, here's a good way to make the extra css updates that you want to make and they won't be overwritten.

Inside your RLM project, click on the layouts button at the top and choose "Manage Project."

Below the list of pages, you will see a box for adding <head> content. One by one, select each page in the list and add the link for custom.css.
<link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheets/custom.css" type="text/css">

After you export, add a folder to your web site files called "stylesheets" (without the quotes) and put a file in the folder called custom.css.

Make all your css changes to custom.css.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2783853 Photo

8 posts

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.