Copy/Paste with Color Chooser - Post...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jo Ann wrote:
Once again I'm having an issue here then on my Mac. That is not selectable in any way on my copy of the program. Could it be a version thing? I never know if you're on future versions or not so doesn't hurt to ask. I'm on the current downloadable version at the moment. Truly am unable to anything at all with that box other than use the slider to choose another color.

*Just for posteritie's sake, I am still having issues with the highlighting of the text as in the other thread. A connection there maybe? and if so what would it be? You know I'm on a mac now so would it be beneficial to do a clean install of the program to see if maybe my install is messed up in some way? If so how do I go about making sure it's a clean install?*

You can answer me on the other thread if you like so this one doesn't get congested. :)

I am using the public release version 1.0 Build 2746. Tested it on OS X and Windows and it functions in the exact same way. Same with the other issue you reported.

If you want to do a clean uninstall, delete the app and go to the ~/Library/Application Support and delete the CoffeeCup Software folder.

Deleting that folder won't mess up the rest of my CC software stuff will it? If not then I will do this later on today and see what happens. There is NOOOOOOOO possible way anyone is going to tell me those gremlins followed me to my Mac and only showed up almost a year later! lol
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That will impact ALL CoffeeCup applications (mainly settings). The applications will then revert to default settings when they are opened again.

However to answer your question, no one (not 1) person has reported what you are experiencing. We both know all to well from your past history with any electronic device you have ever owned, gremlins come standard with each of them....... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Here you can see the color is highlighted and the right-click context menu appears allowing me to copy the value.

http://s26.postimg.org/6dhqzb1pl/Screen_Shot_2015_01_09_at_11_31_02_AM.png

I can't copy and paste the color in os x yosemite 10.10.1 and right-click context menu shows nothing in Responsive Layout Maker Basic however this works fine in RLMP windows
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

My screenshot was taken from Yosemite 10.10.1.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Anyway, I can highlight the color by mouse cursor and using keyboard Command + C for copy and Command + V for paste works fine here however right-click context menu does not turns up here.

Initially I thought it because of RLM Basic does not provide this feature.

By the way, How come there is duplicate post of same issue here?!
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

I got the trick now how it works :)
If I double click to select the color the right-click context menu does not turns up but if I drag the mouse cursor from left to right on color value then right-click context menu works.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Mansour ... wrote:
I got the trick now how it works :)
If I double click to select the color the right-click context menu does not turns up but if I drag the mouse cursor from left to right on color value then right-click context menu works.

There you go! Told you it worked. ;)

However, double-clicking and using Ctrl+A selects everything.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I have reinstalled it as per your instructions (deleted it and then removed that folder and now reinstalled it). Still same thing, in fact now that I check it out further, none of the boxes in the Color Sections box are clickable at all. Only the up/down color slider functions allowing me to choose a color in the color spectrum, but not to put a specific one in manually.

I'd be happy to make you a movie of what it is "not" doing for me, but I don't have anything to make a movie with, sorry.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Not that far from Atlanta to St. Louis ... wonder if CC support has a 'Geek Squad' ??

Just kidding ya'll! :lol::lol:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Gunsmoke wrote:
Not that far from Atlanta to St. Louis ... wonder if CC support has a 'Geek Squad' ??

Just kidding ya'll! :lol::lol:

We are in Roswell, New Mexico. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.