Copy/Paste with Color Chooser #2 -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would love the ability to actually highlight and copy the color numbers within a text editing screen. The numbers show up, but I cannot click within the box so I cannot copy nor paste color numbers from one paragraph to another. Makes me have to actually create a totally separate block of text just to give 2 words a color that will be repeated consistently and shouldn't need to be separated. Would make things a whole lot easier if we could copy and paste from the text editor "choose a color" boxes. Slider works to change colors, but did you ever try matching up a color that way! aaaaah :P
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
I would love the ability to actually highlight and copy the color numbers within a text editing screen. The numbers show up, but I cannot click within the box so I cannot copy nor paste color numbers from one paragraph to another. Makes me have to actually create a totally separate block of text just to give 2 words a color that will be repeated consistently and shouldn't need to be separated. Would make things a whole lot easier if we could copy and paste from the text editor "choose a color" boxes. Slider works to change colors, but did you ever try matching up a color that way! aaaaah :P

If I understand what you are asking, you can do that already. Just highlight the text, right-click and select copy. Here you can see the color is highlighted and the right-click context menu appears allowing me to copy the value.

http://s26.postimg.org/6dhqzb1pl/Screen_Shot_2015_01_09_at_11_31_02_AM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Once again I'm having an issue here then on my Mac. That is not selectable in any way on my copy of the program. Could it be a version thing? I never know if you're on future versions or not so doesn't hurt to ask. I'm on the current downloadable version at the moment. Truly am unable to anything at all with that box other than use the slider to choose another color.

*Just for posteritie's sake, I am still having issues with the highlighting of the text as in the other thread. A connection there maybe? and if so what would it be? You know I'm on a mac now so would it be beneficial to do a clean install of the program to see if maybe my install is messed up in some way? If so how do I go about making sure it's a clean install?*

You can answer me on the other thread if you like so this one doesn't get congested. :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Once again I'm having an issue here then on my Mac. That is not selectable in any way on my copy of the program. Could it be a version thing? I never know if you're on future versions or not so doesn't hurt to ask. I'm on the current downloadable version at the moment. Truly am unable to anything at all with that box other than use the slider to choose another color.

*Just for posteritie's sake, I am still having issues with the highlighting of the text as in the other thread. A connection there maybe? and if so what would it be? You know I'm on a mac now so would it be beneficial to do a clean install of the program to see if maybe my install is messed up in some way? If so how do I go about making sure it's a clean install?*

You can answer me on the other thread if you like so this one doesn't get congested. :)

I am using the public release version 1.0 Build 2746. Tested it on OS X and Windows and it functions in the exact same way. Same with the other issue you reported.

If you want to do a clean uninstall, delete the app and go to the ~/Library/Application Support and delete the CoffeeCup Software folder.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

I got the trick now how it works :)
If I double click to select the color the right-click context menu does not turns up but if I drag the mouse cursor from left to right on color value to highlight then right-click context menu works.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.