Bug with copied/duplicated layouts?...

User 2676159 Photo

41 posts

Or am I doing it wrong?

Working on a multi-page layout for a client. Create the first page, with the basic layout/content/look and feel. Add page by using the "duplicate layout" function (so I don't have to re-do all the basic LAF customisations again :) ).

Now, the content on the second page isn't going to be identical to the first. Some things need deleting, eg text and input fields. Right click and... Delete is greyed out. Same for all sorts of fuctions.

[Bit later] Only after adding a "blank layout" to make sure it was going to do exactly what I expected did I manage to get the relevant delete fucntions to show.

Guess this is a relatively minor bug which will hopfully be fixed in the upcoming update? (any word when the next version is out - the one that'll let us import from other layouts? ;) )
david@kiwiscene.kiwi

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

How dare you say there is a bug in RLM! :)

I just tried what you are describing and it works just fine here. Tried it on a few different projects and always had the same result. Did you try pressing the delete key?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2676159 Photo

41 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
How dare you say there is a bug in RLM! :)

I just tried what you are describing and it works just fine here. Tried it on a few different projects and always had the same result. Did you try pressing the delete key?

Tried delete key. Tried right-click and delete (greyed out). Tried a rain dance (strangly ineffective in this problem). It could be something that's related to system load with a large database being built in the background, but RLM iteslf seems fairly responsive.

I think I've seen this before on a another project, but it came right within a moment or two IIRC. Perhaps there's something where when the duplication is first done, delete is unavailable at least for some elements? But I did delete an entire subgrid column before trying to delete a text element from elsewhere. I could neither delete any text inputs nor could I delete a couple of text elements. I could edit them, but not delete. I didn't try adding.

If I come across it again I'll try to video it so you can see what happens.

Enough work. Enjoy your weekend. Leave us sad beggars who're working during our Sunday in our misery and get outside before Winter officially starts! :) (Or in my case.. Summer... :) )
david@kiwiscene.kiwi

User 171749 Photo

91 posts

I had the same problem with the delete function. It would all of a sudden stop working. I found if I double clicked on some text to edit it and then clicked back off the text, the delete function would work again. Didn’t really complain about it cause I was using XP and I assume RLM wasn’t designed for XP.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.