View email as web page. - Post ID 259965

User 2022095 Photo

121 posts

Coffee Cup Family, anyone know how to create a html version of the email created with RED which allows a person to view email as a email or view as a web page. I seem to forgot how to accomplish this. The bad part is "I've done this several times before".
copying the source code of the email and creating a .html page looks bad...like the CSS is missing.
Thanks,
-WMFX
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

When you export your email, an HTML file is generated. You can use that as web page.

If you want the markup to be uncompressed (easier to read), paste the markup into this website http://unminify.com/ and it will uncompress it for you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2022095 Photo

121 posts

It worked perfect.
Thanks Scott,
-WMFX
User 2817300 Photo

1 post

Hi, I've done this with two of my emails and the unminifying process significantly changes the look of the emails. Could we get an option to export to uncompressed html?
User 412479 Photo

45 posts

I used the html generated. It's the confirmation received when someone fills out the form; it has fields, i.e., [first name]. When I got my test confirmation and clicked the View in Browser link it took me right to the page; however, instead of seeing the information entered on the form, it just shows the form fields http://thearborway.com/custom-college/admission/email.html. Is there a way to set it up where it will show the actual information individuals entered? And it would need to be specific to each confirmation e-mail, i.e., joe jones filled out form, click link in confirmation e-mail there is what he filled in; sally newbie filled out form, click link in that e-mail, it'll show her specific information entered.

Thanks a lot :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.