RED - Post ID 262015

User 2834919 Photo

3 posts

Hi,
I'm using the trial version to see if this is something I want to purchase (I think I will but need some help). I have viewed all the tutorials and read, read, read everything I can find but I still have issues figuring some of this out. So, I hope you can help me. I have attached a PDF of what I am trying to create.

#1- I have the logo in and the top text and the picture of the people in the pool. The after that I get stuck. It's mostly with the whole column/row thing. I cant figure out how to do it. Fot the wording underneath I the pool pix I think I need 3 columns. 1 for the "create promotions", one for the image in between and one for "post them on the web". The further down, I'm going to need 2 columns I think for "Follow Us" and then one for the logo. I will also need 7 columns then for the social images. How do I do this???

#2- I set the background as purple on the email as per a suggestion from Suzanne but It's too much purple compared to the design I have. How do you suggest fixing this?

#3- When I preview the email on the web, it looks nothing like what I have designed so far (see attached screenshots). Why is this?

#4- I was reading about the pictures. I am hosting them in the "root folder" Is this right? I read somewhere that they have to be stored correctly in order to show up in the email. At this point, as we are new to this, we don't want to pay for picture hosting so could you please tell me what my options are for this?

#5- Using this trial version, will I be able to export the code so I can test it? And for that matter, will I be able to use the template that I have been working on now after I purchase or will I have to start over?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I really want to be able to buy and use this program and I have a lot of peers in the business that could really benefit form buying it too so I really need to understand it. I'm sure this won't be my last cry for help to you guys but for now I think this is it.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,186 posts
Online Now

Lets tackle one thing at a time.
#1. You may not need those extra columns. It all depends on how you want it to look.
Can you tell us how you want it to look at a wider size and at the smaller width?
Or share your .red file so we can see it and work with you.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

#1- On the Layout pane on the right you can manage your rows and columns. You can control the width and how many columns fit on a row using the 'span' control. The design grid uses a 12 column system, this means that a span number of 6 takes up half of the space. When the total span number is above 12 (e.g. add a column with span 7) the last column will stack. However, you can position elements with other controls as well (padding, margin, align).

#2- Select the email Body and you can update the color on the Design pane on the right.

#3 - It should not... You might have applied styles to breakpoints, if you can get us the project file we can look into it.

#4 - Pictures have to be on a server so the email client can 'pull them in'. If you don't want to use our picture hosting you'll need to place them on a server yourself and link them in....we do suggest using the automatic approach though, it's convenient and leads to fewer errors.

#5 - Yes, you can export and reuse the template later.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.