RED and Outlook Email Template - Post...

User 2571899 Photo

20 posts

I've created an email using RED. Is there a way I can save the email as an html Outlook Email Template? I don't have any images in the email so I don't need to save them anywhere.

I have an excel spreadsheet that uses VBA and Outlook to send emails based upon the spreadsheets contents. I can send plain text and html email just fine using the macros. I just wanted to make the emails look a little more professional by using RED.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can export the email as an HTML file, but not as a template for any specific program.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2571899 Photo

20 posts

I found it - thanks. I was using a wrong password to sign into my CC account.

But it's not working for me. Looks great in Chrome, IE, Edge.... Looks like crap in Outlook. Wrong fonts, wrong styles, wrong layout.....

I know this is this an Outlook issue. I guess I'll just have to go back to rich text emails.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Outlook should not be a problem. RED is fully capable of creating emails that look great in all browser and clients, especially Outlook.

If you are stuck, open a support ticket and send us your project file, screenshots of what you see and any other pertinent info we should know and we can help out.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2571899 Photo

20 posts

Thanks Scott. I will keep at it. If I get further along and still have issues I'll open up a support ticket. In the mean time, I'll play around with some of your templates and see how the pros at Coffee Cup make emails.

I appreciate your help!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.