Preheader Text Box Gone? - Post ID...

User 2837174 Photo

5 posts

Hello all,

There used to be a preheader input box in campaign settings, however it looks like this is now gone (Windows, 1.3 Build 1012). Now when I take an old template to make changes, it retains the preheader from before and I can't seem to change it unless I actually go into the code and do it manually after it has been exported.

Does anyone know what happened? Or how one could go about changing it?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Heinz
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Can you post a screenshot and a link to your RED project file so I can see what is going on?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2837174 Photo

5 posts

Hey Scott,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I've attached the campaign settings > email test and general pages as well as the .red file I'm working with.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Heinz
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The Preheader text I see is "Basic Or Bespoke? We Have Something To Suit Every Business" . Is that correct?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2837174 Photo

5 posts

Hey Scott,

Yep, that's the old one that I cannot change anymore.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Marvin
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Heinz Meyer wrote:
Hey Scott,

Yep, that's the old one that I cannot change anymore.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Marvin

What are you trying to change it to?
User 2837174 Photo

5 posts

Hi Scott,

For this specific send: "When You Need Something To Do A Specific Job, Who Do You Ask?", however I can do this by popping into the code.

The issue is that I cannot change it myself through RED because the input box where the preheader text used to be is no longer there.

Thanks,

Heinz
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The pre-header text box is not there because you have not configured your SMTP server. Look at email-test.jpg. You need to configure one of those first. Once you do that, all the other fields will appear.
User 2837174 Photo

5 posts

Hi Scott,

Brillliant, that has solved the problem for me. Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Marvin

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.