Possible bug in "Elements - Text +...

User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Hello!

When I use - in Elements section - the option "Image + Text" (Image in the left side and Text in the right side), I can modify properly the width dimention of the text (from 100 % to 92 %). Here it is OK and there is no problem.

But, when I use the option "Text + Image" (Text in the left side and Image in the right side), the width dimention option dont work on the text side. Strangely, the option text (in the design text options) modify the Image.

I need to modify the width text in the left side like I modified the text in the right side.

I attached a image with the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards and excuse my poor english...

Attachments:
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Hello there!

I posted about an issue on saturday 28th and today monday 30th I am still waiting an answer.

Thanks

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Sorry no one has an answer to this.
I was able to adjust my image with right text and left text with image by changing margins and padding.
Have you tried that?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Thanks!

But the problem is not to adjust image, but to adjust text in width dimention for "Text + Image" (Text in the left side and Image in the right side).

The % option modify the image in the "Text Design" section, not in the "Image Section"

When I try to modify the % width dimention text, the % option works on the image, but not on the text.
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

I was able to adjust mine using the width % in the paragraph element, combined with some padding on the picture.

Maybe someone else with more RED experience than me will show up with a better answer for you. :)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

The elements are complex elements and have some limitations due to display inconsistencies in uncooperative email clients. I am not exactly sure what you intend to do but looking at the image you attached the best option seems to use separate image and text elements and put them in separate columns. You can also try to use left padding (on the image in the I + T) example.

If this does not help, please don't hesitate to explain again...
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 1656825 Photo

37 posts

Thank, Bob

I agree to use two different columns (one for the image and one for the text).

Any way, I found "in my design" inconsistencies between "text + image" and "image + text".

Maybe the issue is related to the image size that I used. This means that the issue I founded maybe was caused by me...:D

I will keeping test and I will update if the issue persists.

Excuse me for taking your time and for my poor english...

Best regards!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.