Norton deleted my responsive email...

User 392903 Photo

1 post

Anyone else had this problem - it evidently flagged the software as problematic but I am sure it must be mistaken?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I'm sorry you ran into that issue with our software. Typically these errors are caused by your antivirus software definitions files being out-of-date and reporting a false positive as a result.

We do periodic testing of all of our software with the latest versions of all major antivirus software, and we can confirm with absolute certainty that our software is clean.

I recommend you update your antivirus software and virus definitions to the latest version. That should fix this error.

Also note that is not actually a virus.

WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware

That is one of the dumbest settings a virus scanner has. There are no problems but because it is a new program, they do not have enough stats in their database so they flag it as a problem. Makes no sense to me why they do that. I so hate Norton at times. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.