Microsoft-based Emails are Blank -...

User 2796847 Photo

14 posts

It appears that anyone who is using a Microsoft-based email (MSN, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, etc.) is receiving a BLANK email from me.

I quickly researched this on Google and found that many people across many platforms have been experiencing issues with this for years, but no one seemed to mention any solutions that I could understand.

Does this issue effect emails created by the RED software?

I currently create emails in RED and then copy the exported HTML to AWeber, which has worked well so far. However, I don't currently use a plain-text version, which I'm guessing could solve this problem.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
User 2796847 Photo

14 posts

I have found the problem. It appears that AWeber's WYSIWYG designer changes the HTML after import. So, as long as I don't view the message with WYSIWYG, everything works.

Yeah!
User 2762031 Photo

3 posts

I am having similar problems. When sending the email through RED, it all shows up fine in Outlook, albeit the fonts have been changed from Source to Times...

When exporting from RED, and then importing and sending via Campaign Monitor, I just get a blank email in Outlook?
User 2762031 Photo

3 posts

OK, I worked out that Campaign Monitor messes with the code which caused Outlook to display a blank message, so have resorted to using MailChimp. But, the fonts are all showing as Times still, even though I have specified as Arial now (previously I just specified as sans-serif).
User 2810854 Photo

2 posts

Sam Sayer wrote:
OK, I worked out that Campaign Monitor messes with the code which caused Outlook to display a blank message, so have resorted to using MailChimp. But, the fonts are all showing as Times still, even though I have specified as Arial now (previously I just specified as sans-serif).

When you were using Campaign Monitor, did you upload as template, upload html file through campaign creation or did you copy and paste the html code? If you uploaded the html file through campaign creation, did you allow campaign monitor to inline the css automatically?

Your response may help me figure out a work around. Thank you in advance for your response.

Thank you.

Miguel S.
@miguelgsaucedo

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.