Match column heights in a 2-column...

User 2841028 Photo

20 posts

Any way to have the second column, in a 2-column row, automatically match the height of the first column? Here's what I'm trying to do:

• Column1 (left column) contains 5 paragraphs of text.
• Column2 (right column) contains an image.

I need the image in column2 to align to the bottom of column1 (so the bottom of the image lines up to the bottom of the text in column1).

Using the inspector, I could find out of height of column1, so I manually set the height of column2 to match, and then set the vertical align to "bottom". Looks great in RED and most email clients, but since Outlook (Windows 7–Windows 10) isn't respecting the line height set in RED, when viewing in Outlook, the height of column1 changes (it loses some of the height because of the line height not being respected) and thus column1 is now smaller than column2, and they don't align.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Just need to get the image in column2 to align to the bottom of the text in column1.

Thanks,
Kristin.
User 1991012 Photo

55 posts

Hi Kristin,
Did you try to use containers in each column and define equal height to both of them.
Not sure it is what you're searching for but you might try.
Z.
User 1991012 Photo

55 posts

*While trying with containers, define border on them and you might get interesting results.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.