Is RED ink - Post ID 242643

User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

I was reading about Ink : A Responsive Email Framework from ZURB and I found some useful information regarding RED and in same time I realized that RED using same Framework as ZURB's Ink.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Mansour ... wrote:
I realized that RED using same Framework as ZURB's Ink.

That is incorrect. Although we originally started out with Ink, there were too many things Ink was NOT capable of. Ink for example does not support fluid layouts, full-width columns, span-width changes per column, conditional fixes for Outlook and many many other things that RED does do.

Ink is probably the best framework available for hand-coding responsive emails though. That's one of the reasons I mentioned Ink in the article that explains how RED works: a solid code structure, an email generator and the principles of progressive enhancement. Think of the underlying code structure referred to in the article, as a heavily adjusted version of Ink.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Thank you for clarifying this.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.