I am happy, but i am french - Post ID...

User 2736315 Photo

13 posts

Hi,

i have make my first email with REDB and i'm very happy, but in french language i use some caractere like that =>[à]

in préview this caractere appear correctly, but when i export the result un HTML file and i show on a web, the [à] replace by the diamond symbol, this is an example here :
http://polyartistic.com/newsletter/email_default.html
you can see this [J'en rêvais, je l'ai fait : j'ai participé ? la campagne de noël]....the ? is normaly [à]

i have already try ti change from HELVETICA to ARIAL for see if all going to fix that, but it's equal
Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy with REDB, but i just noticed this very small artefact display caractere in case i miss something

Obviously, after i have exported the HTML file, i can edit it in HTML editor and i can fix it in easy way, but if i send my newsletter from REDB, the user receive my newsletter see the ? caractere

In advance, thank for your help
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I tried to replicate what you are describing, but the à appear for me here. I have uploaded a test email to http://hotsync.net/email.html and all the characters are preserved.

Can you zip your project file up and upload it someplace so we can look at the file?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2736315 Photo

13 posts

Whaou...now i wondering if it's my "windows system" is maybe corrup ?

i have uploaded the project file with the email.html exported here:
http://polyartistic.com/Project_fault_exported.zip

Thank you ;)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I think I might see the problem and it specifically has to do with Windows. I am logging this one with our developers right now.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2736315 Photo

13 posts

Hi,
i just receive your answer, a big big big thank !, it's wonderful, now it's work like a charm, all the charactere appear in right way :D

again, a big big thank !
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

freestok wrote:
Hi,
i just receive your answer, a big big big thank !, it's wonderful, now it's work like a charm, all the charactere appear in right way :D

again, a big big thank !

You're welcome! :)
User 2838484 Photo

2 posts

Was this problem ever solved? I can't figure out how to get a French newsletter to work. It looks fine when I save it, but the html comes out with the same characters that freestock described.

Thanks,
Scott
User 2838484 Photo

2 posts

I switched to a French keyboard setting in Windows, but I notice the html coding still lists the language as English. Is there a way to change this in RED?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.