How to recreate something in the...

User 2807025 Photo

25 posts

I'll be honest, I'm struggling with this software. What I'd like to do is create an area in one of my layouts that looks like the 2 column area with the grey background in the Default layout - the area right above the Branded Footer area. How does one go about this?

I can't seem to be able to drag a 2 column area into a row. Heck, I can't move any of these areas at all. If I need to add a 2 column area to the middle of an existing document, no matter where I click, it's added at the very bottom, and I wind up having to drag all my existing content down below the newly added area. And of course thing winds up messing up the layout when viewed in Outlook and I win up having to start over to correct things.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I can't seem to be able to drag a 2 column area into a row. Heck, I can't move any of these areas at all. If I need to add a 2 column area to the middle of an existing document, no matter where I click, it's added at the very bottom, and I wind up having to drag all my existing content down below the newly added area. And of course thing winds up messing up the layout when viewed in Outlook and I win up having to start over to correct things.

After you add a Row (or Column) select it and then go to the Layout Tab. Use the Arrows under Management and you can move them Up/Down or Left/Right depending on if it is a Row or Column.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Dimensionless design takes a little to get used to, but once the concept snaps in place it will be as easy as apple pie. :P

William, if you can set some time aside to follow how we remade the Zappos email and made it responsive, you will be an expert with RED. You can find the tutorial here: http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … ve-design/

Let us know how it goes!
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.