Font Style Displaying Differently...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Please run the test through RED and see how it looks before trying to copy/paste the email into any service. I have run your project through RED and also through MailChimp and it looks just like the screenshot I posted.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2796847 Photo

14 posts

A guy named Ron emailed me and thought I was being argumentative. I'm not sure who Ron is, but I apologized to him for appearing to argue. That was never my intent. I am simply trying to find a solution to this problem.

If there is no viable solution, that's fine. I can find a workaround.

The problem though, is still present. Running tests through RED or Mail Chimp does not answer the question about the presence of the <span> code in the RED HTML export, which is what is breaking the style through my email services.

If no one has an answer, other than recommending me to run more tests through RED, than I will just move on. I was just hoping to find out how to improve my emails.

Thanks for your help and, once again, I'm sorry if I appeared argumentative.

- Jeff
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Jeff Sanders wrote:
But why is the <span> present at all? Where did that come from?

The span is there because you gave part of the paragraph a different style (you made it bold by applying style="font-weight:700;").

As Scott explained above, that is a normal way of applying styles and works under normal circumstances, unless a program or sending services changes code because of that (not sure why it would). Both Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor (and a few others) have clean importers.

Jeff Sanders wrote:

I was just hoping to find out how to improve my emails.

Thanks for your help and, once again, I'm sorry if I appeared argumentative.

We're here to help you with that so no worries, we're good :cool:
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 2796847 Photo

14 posts

Ok, I'll see what I can do to fix up my font styling. Thanks for the response Bob!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.