Floating images in a column—Problem -...

User 2887945 Photo

2 posts

Hi all,
I'm trying to center float an image in a column, and I'm running into a weird problem. The image will only float before I hit my first breakpoint. Once I hit a breakpoint, the image automatically floats left, and won't respond when I tell it to float center. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Assuming you are using RSD ver. 2.5...
You build the site from mobile to wide. The settings you are giving your images before the left-most breakpoint will also be used as you move the slider to the right - UNLESS you have added some different settings to the wider breakpoints already.
BTW, there is no such thing as a 'center float', only left and right. What you have to do is
either:
Let the image display block and set the right and left margins to auto,
or:
Make the immediate element holding the image display flex, and then use justify-content: center;
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2887945 Photo

2 posts

Please see attached screenshot of panel. The only display options for this image are None; Float is an option with center set to default; and there are no controls for margin.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Please excuse, I didn't check that it was RED you were asking about, I misread it for RSD.
Having said that, I wonder which version of RED you have. I have ver. 2.0 build 1187, and the tool panel looks quite different, see attachment. Instead of float, it says align, and instead of inner and outer padding it has padding (which is per definition inner), and margin. If you align something center, you don't need to play with the margins to get it to work.
And I maintain that in css there is no float center.
You will have to check if you have applied some styles on one side of the breakpoint that is overwriting what you are trying to do.
I think it would be best to approach CC with a support ticket if you are unable to solve this otherwise.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.