Create email wider than 1685px - Post...

User 2190578 Photo

21 posts

Hello all

When I resize my layout to more than 1685px wide, it always breaks, with a red bar on the top and everything looking wrong. I know most users won't have screen estate as large as this, but what if they do? If they view the email on a large screen with high resolution settings?

Why doesn't the main content just stay the same while the background expands - as it does until 1685?

Br, AB
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What red bar are you talking about? Can you share a screenshot and project file?

I would not be focusing too much on the 0.01% of what users "might possibly have" and focus on what 99.99% of the users "DO have". ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Our layouts / email work at any width, just tested and even over 2000px there is no problem.
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.