[BUG] Element inside column not...

User 2841028 Photo

20 posts

Working on a basic 2-column layout. Text in the left column, image in the right column. I have both columns' vertical alignment set to "top" and this is respected in all clients that I've tested in (all 80 clients in Email on Acid, along with additional physical Windows/Outlook machines) except the following:

- Google Pixel + Yahoo email client via Android 7
- Outlook 2007 via Windows 7
- Outlook 2010 via Windows 7

I'm not concerned with the Google Pixel/Yahoo issue because our analytics are showing 0% users (for this client) opening via these specs. But, Outlook 2007/2010 via Windows 7 is a major % of opens for the client (~50% combined). So, that's a major focus for us in testing. I've attached a screenshot of this issue from Outlook 2007 (screenshot_original.jpg).

Looking at the code, though, there's a quick/easy fix. In the code, there's a some Outlook-specific code that deals with TD tag affecting that right hand column. In my code, this line is as follows...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><td style="width:166px"><![endif]-->

To fix the alignment issue for Outlook 2007/2010, all I had to do was manually add valign="top" to that TD tag. So, that line now looks like this...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><td valign="top" style="width:166px"><![endif]-->

And that fixes the issue for Outlook 2007/2010. I've attached a screenshot of it fixed (screenshot_fixed.jpg).

I've also attached the original code spit out of RED and the RED project file as well.

Any chance you guys could fix this in the server-side export script that generates the HTML?

Thanks,
Kristin.
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.